Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Hey ! I have locked and couldn't and can't wait to get the car... apart from sometimes, and hence my post !!!! :CWL:I have never had a long wait for a car before (having never really spent my dosh on cars, this is the first time for me!) Unfortunately, the wait is making me over think. No idea why. TOP GEAR VIDEOS on YouTube make me beyond excited but every now and again I worry if the wait will be worth it!! Seeing as I can't watch Topgear anymore for fear of spoiling it, I am looking to forum friends to help me keep excited and thinking I am doing the right thing....if you wouldn't mind, let me know Why you LOVE your Taycan ? (if you think its pants, please don't tell me as I might cry :CWL:):clap:. Thanks in advance:angel:
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Sorry, my wife says I'm not allowed to love my car as well- she's still not got over being demoted when we got our dog.
But I am allowed to say that I'm madly in like with it because I was able to spec it exactly as I wanted, so it makes me smile- not least for a retro colour combo that many find too much.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I feel you. I’ve been watching all videos on YouTube while waiting for the delivery of the car. I waited 11 months and I could feel the excitement going away. I’ve the car now for 10 days and it’s pure joy. I personally enjoy the sport sound and love driving around town with that futuristic sound. I had one time a group of teenagers looking at my car while parked. I jumped in my car, turned on the sport sound and drove slowly away. They were all looking like Wowwww, it made me smile 😃

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
Hey ! I have locked and couldn't and can't wait to get the car... apart from sometimes, and hence my post !!!! :CWL:I have never had a long wait for a car before (having never really spent my dosh on cars, this is the first time for me!) Unfortunately, the wait is making me over think. No idea why. TOP GEAR VIDEOS on YouTube make me beyond excited but every now and again I worry if the wait will be worth it!! Seeing as I can't watch Topgear anymore for fear of spoiling it, I am looking to forum friends to help me keep excited and thinking I am doing the right thing....if you wouldn't mind, let me know Why you LOVE your Taycan ? (if you think its pants, please don't tell me as I might cry :CWL:):clap:. Thanks in advance:angel:
All I can say is it will be worth the wait! It is an amazing car to own and drive. I watched hundreds of videos on the Taycan similar to yourself by the sounds of it, I couldn't wait to take delivery earlier this month. It's even better than I had hoped for, you won't be let down trust me!

taytayswift953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
this is our first porsche and the craftsmanship is amazing. we’ve been fortunate enough to own numerous luxury cars and the fit and finish thus far exceeds any bmw, mercedes, lexus product we’ve enjoyed to date. plus it just looks cool 🙂

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 747BE468-0AD8-44F4-B5AC-AD6A921407E6

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Road presence, nothing looks like it
It’s a Porsche and they just make you feel a little special when driving them
The power, addictive, you don’t need to be flying down the road, just squirts down a country road to the next corner is soooo additive (there said it twice)
I waited 16 months 4 awaiting batteries, hated the wait, love the car

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm still waiting on mine.

First car ever I've been extensively researching before purchasing and also the first one I don't get in less than a month. The wait feels so strange. I usually never spend as much in a "perishible" item so that's another new experience. I actually bought wheels already without having the car! Imagine there's some sort of a delay and I'll have the rims tucked away in my storage room forever!

I too enjoy the YouTube videos and I also enjoy this forum... Albeit sometimes, when I read about issues, I get worried I'll end down that rabbit hole. Usually the cars I love the most are the ones giving me most headaches. I really hope the Taycan will be the exception.

I'll be extremely happy if I manage to bring the car from the dealer to my home without a heater failure, some suspension strut failing or the 12v battery discharging. I'll also be thankful if the trunk only opens when I want it and I never ever see the red high voltage system failure.

Yes, reading too much isn't always a good thing. We tend to be hypochondriac 🤣

Edit: I forgot we don't get the heater pump as standard here and I didn't option it so that's one thing that will never fail on my car.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
The exterior look is beautiful, a proper ‘keep looking back at it’ car. Interior the fit and finish is gorgeous; everything you touch is top quality and it’s very comfortable and stylish inside too. I also love the ergonomics of it and really get on with the screens and PCM

Then there’s driving. Superb speed, handling that makes me smile on a daily basis and precise, controllable steering links you to the road. The suspension is incredible. Set comfort and it’s better than most luxury barges, spin the dial and it’s taut and accurate.

It’s just a do-everything car for me. I love it.

And did I mention it looks great? 😂

Last edited:

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Taycan is like flying a spaceship! or what i think it would be like. And i love our CT and getting back to wagons (im not a fan of sedans and really dont understand some of the sedan SUVs - why limit the utility of a car?)

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
It's a car, nothing more nothing less.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I love it because I hate giving my car to the dealer for an indeterminate time while they do service intervals. I also hate paying for those service intervals.

That and the instant electric acceleration.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
First of all, Welcome to the forum Sarah.

I was worried all the anticipation would lead to an inevitable let down when the car arrived. Nothing can ruin anything like high expectations! The best part was the car exceeded all expectations. I used to be a very efficient driver, as far as 1 trip to get all errands done. Now, I go out of my way to make extra trips because I enjoy driving the car so much.
Sponsored