PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think the biggest question is if you will change your username to crossturismofrank
I haven't even figured out how to change my username to taycanfrank and I've had the car for 7 months. :CWL:

I'm also down to about 50/50 whether I'm doing this. Really want to see one in person first and the dealership is asking for a larger non-refundable deposit than I'm comfortable with unless they offer guarantees on my trade-in. So we'll see.

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes! I received an offer of $112k for my $129k MSRP 4S with about 10k miles. Of course with the tax rebate that's really more of $112k for a 122.5k MSRP, which isn't terrible for 1 year/10k miles.

A different dealership offered me 105, and another 100. 112 feels like a fair number.
That's a decent offer, was it at Bellevue?

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Yes! I received an offer of $112k for my $129k MSRP 4S with about 10k miles. Of course with the tax rebate that's really more of $112k for a 122.5k MSRP, which isn't terrible for 1 year/10k miles.

A different dealership offered me 105, and another 100. 112 feels like a fair number.
That's an outstanding trade-in figure. Usually there's much more first-year depreciation in these cars.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I haven't even figured out how to change my username to taycanfrank and I've had the car for 7 months. :CWL:

I'm also down to about 50/50 whether I'm doing this. Really want to see one in person first and the dealership is asking for a larger non-refundable deposit than I'm comfortable with unless they offer guarantees on my trade-in. So we'll see.
“TaycanFrank” would work either way, and it does not seem to be taken yet. @Administrator can probably explain how to swap out usernames, unless it is impossible in which case it will be Taycan’tFrank.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
If you got a good trade-in offer and you like what you get in the Cross Turismo, I would do it. I think the car looked great up close. Absolutely not a disappointment. The backseat is slightly raised, so passengers sit a little higher, the large hatch is definitely a bonus and if you like crossovers, it looked very ... high in the highest position.

If I still had my Audi A4 Avant (that I sold back in August) and hadn't put my name down for a contract at this point, I think I would be fighting with the rest of Norway for a slot for a CT4.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
That’s a great trade in number. I would lock that in ASAP!

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
That's a great trade in offer. Is that number based on you trading the car in and turning over possession now? Most dealers say the trade value will be less if you wait for the new car to come in. For that number, I'd definitely pull the trigger.

365DAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 992 C4S
Country flag
Hi from the UK!

We did something very similar the day the Cross Turismo was announced and that’s because the wife came out of 2 Cayenne cars to go into the Taycan 4S. Don’t get me wrong, she loves it but misses the space and ride height of the Cayenne. However, she used my Panamera ST for a little while and really enjoyed that so the Taycan CT was an easy sell for her.

I terms of cost to change...looks like the UK market is working in a similar manner to the US as I think we’ve been offered a strong value for her current Taycan but it does really depend on that being sold sooner rather than waiting for Taycan CT which I believe will be July.

Not 100% on what I’ll do...may take a gamble and see what happens in a few months

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
That's a great trade-in offer. Effectively makes your monthly ownership cost way less than any Taycan lease would've been. I wouldn't hesitate to do that if the CT4 appeals to you. I go back and forth on whether I prefer the sedan or CT looks-- I do really like the optional wheels that are only available on the CT. Regardless, when I do pull the trigger, I think I'd find it hard to pass up the CT in favor of the sedan. Like you said, the added practicality of a hatch plus that extra bit of ground clearance when you need it really makes it hard to beat. It's kind of the perfect do-it-all car.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I’ve gone on the same journey but a virtual one fortunately as I haven’t placed an order just yet. The value proposition for the CT4 is definitely the best. I love the sedan shape but practicality of the CT4 is too much to ignore and has most of the advantages of an SUV without the clunky looks! The only alternative would be a model S which won’t arrive in U.K. for nearly a year and has rather dated looks in my view.

So, I put down a waitlist deposit for a CT4 today with the intention of trading in my 4S. I thought it might be useful for anyone considering which version to get to hear my logic.

1) Money. IMHO you're getting a lot more value in a well speccd CT4 than you are in a moderately speccd 4S. Depreciation may disagree but I believe the changes + much lower starting price get you a lot. You're coming in at least $15k under a similarly speccd Sedan 4S.

2) Options. There are a few options I'd like to choose differently and I just don't want to dish out the money for a new 4S. Specifically I'll be changing the exterior color, adding leather, adding 18 ways, and adding insulated glass.

3) The hatch + added ground clearance. Honestly these two tweaks, especially the hatch and rear headroom, really make the car significantly more functional. The trunk as is just sucks because of the shape & tiny entrance. Everyone that has a Taycan knows the dreaded "BREEEEEEP" when the trunk fails to close even though there is almost nothing in it.

The ground clearance in Lift right now is juuuust enough for me to feel okay taking it through a shitty ski resort parking lot, the extra 30mm will really help.

4) The extra speed is cool once in a while but really the 4 will be plenty fast enough. In 95% of my driving I find myself only using 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the throttle even when driving aggressively. I know people are addicted to speed, and I was with the 4S for the first month or so, but going from an insanely fast car to a very fast car seems just fine to me. Honestly I'll be excited to actually floor it more often. ?

So really it comes down to wanting to respec my car and believing the CT4 represents much better value.

OP
OP
PanameraFrank

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ended up deciding to stick with my 4S for now. I'm concerned over the plastic wheel arches on the CT and going backwards on trim level. I may end up changing my mind once I have a chance to see/drive one, but for now I have too many concerns.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
If a dealer can get a set of Turbo S fenders and paint them to match the vehicle, it would look a lot better.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag

That’s a great number.
Sponsored