First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hello All,

The question is basically why lease a CT 4S over a CT 4?

I am trying to rationalize going with option 1 and 2 below, with option 3 being the compromise (down grade from all leather to standard) to get the 4S. Any thoughts and suggestions on how rationalize the extra expense? Is it justified?

Option 1
Taycan CT 4 - MSRP $113,270
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQVE3B3

Option 2 (similar config to option 1 and upgrade from a 4 to a 4S)
Taycan CT 4S - MSRP $130,470
http://www.porsche-code.com/PM61Z1M4

Option 3 (same as option 2 but downgrade from all leather to standard interior)
Taycan CT 4S - MSRP $125,770
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMVS3YZ6
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Why is your 911 a C4S and not a C2? Similar answer. :D

You might be able to find a Taycan 4S or base Taycan without the upgraded interior to compare. Given how terrible Porsche leases can be, it'd also depend on what the MRM is on each of those models.

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Why is your 911 a C4S and not a C2? Similar answer. :D

You might be able to find a Taycan 4S or base Taycan without the upgraded interior to compare. Given how terrible Porsche leases can be, it'd also depend on what the MRM is on each of those models.
all are below MRM.

all have same residual % at end of lease to buy option

all with same money factor at 0.002

one thing is notably different.
0 to 60 on a CT 4 is 4.8 secs
0 to 60 on a CT 4S is 3.8 secs

my main question was about option 1 vs 2 (less so about option 3, meaning interior downgrade).

would appreciate ppls thoughts.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
For me. 4S is the sweet spot. I feel like any decent branded top end model will do 0-60 under 5 seconds nowadays and all the Tesla EVs will do it as well. I wanted something with a little more oomph. Feels like Turbo and Turbo S is little too much power. Want me CT to be a daily driver, and all that extra burst of power will be wasted on my SF Bay Area traffic. But the handling (perf package) will be pretty close when carving canyons on the weekend. I was going back and forth between the 4 and 4S as well. with the config coming out to be about close to $20k difference.

-ThinkMac-

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was having the same debate. When I configured the 4 it came out to $111k, and the 4S came out to $132k. Pretty much that same 20k difference. In the end I went with the 4. After watching the recent videos and articles reviewing the 4(same cherry red that I picked!) I’m happy with my choice. I just don’t think that extra 1 second is going to make you that much happier. But who knows? I’m buying not leasing, so that 20k difference feels a little more significant too.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I was having the same debate. When I configured the 4 it came out to $111k, and the 4S came out to $132k. Pretty much that same 20k difference. In the end I went with the 4. After watching the recent videos and articles reviewing the 4(same cherry red that I picked!) I’m happy with my choice. I just don’t think that extra 1 second is going to make you that much happier. But who knows? I’m buying not leasing, so that 20k difference feels a little more significant too.
I agree & also went with 4CT. I am coming from Macan GTS with about the same 0-60 time & found it was all I really needed (not so much into red light racing anymore).

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I agree & also went with 4CT. I am coming from Macan GTS with about the same 0-60 time & found it was all I really needed (not so much into red light racing anymore).
Exactly. This is my first Porsche and my first EV. Coming from a Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti(0-60 5.2s). I’m sure the instant torque is gonna make this car a blast to drive regardless of the one second difference. It just a question of value IMO. But again, to each his own, if that 1 sec difference is worth the 20k for you, go for it!

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Exactly. This is my first Porsche and my first EV. Coming from a Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti(0-60 5.2s). I’m sure the instant torque is gonna make this car a blast to drive regardless of the one second difference. It just a question of value IMO. But again, to each his own, if that 1 sec difference is worth the 20k for you, go for it!
Has anyone found from video takes or reviews what the actual 0 to 60 is on the CT 4? Cause if it's considerably below the 4.8 seconds, then it makes the decision to go with a CT 4 over a CT 4S even easier.

Porsche quotes the sedan 4S at 3.8 secs, but C&D tested it at 3.4 secs (that's a 0.4 sec drop)
Porsche quotes the sedan RWD at 5.1 secs, but C&D tested it at 4.8 secs (that's a 0.3 sec drop)

The CT 4 is unique in that there is no comparable sedan version to reference the 0 to 60 against.

Porsche quotes the CT 4 at 4.8 secs. If actual tests show a 0 to 60 of 4.3 or 4.2 secs. This is a very easy decision for me. A 0.7 secs variance isn't enough to justify a $18K to $20k variance, let alone 1 second.

Considering the Taycan RWD has less efficient traction vs the AWD on the CT 4, the Taycan RWD has considerably less HP than the CT 4, but the lower weight helps the Taycan RQD. All things considered, I am hoping the CT 4 0 to 60 is considerably lower than the RWD C&D tested 4.8 secs.

Having said all of that, I don't actually care about traffic light 0 to 60, this is more of a mental decision making process between the 2 (and not really about reality). I am trying to leave as little on the table as possible. It's one of those things, be content with the purchase and never have second thought about speed, I don't buy or lease cars at this price level on a regular basis :).

Porsche under commits and over commits on performance which is always a good thing.

So anyone know the actual measured 0 to 60 of the CT 4 vs the 4S?

Last edited:

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
In this review of the base Cross Turismo, the reviewer compares it favorably to an E63S wagon! He seems to be quite thrilled by the acceleration. I strongly suspect that the 4.8s 0-60 that Porsche quotes is very conservative. And as with all EVs, the real world acceleration will feel much stronger than a gas car with a similar 0-60 time.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my main question was about option 1 vs 2 (less so about option 3, meaning interior downgrade).

would appreciate ppls thoughts.
Sounds like you'll probably be happy enough with just the 4. If you're replacing an SUV with the 4CT, then it's already likely to be a bunch faster and better handling.

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Having looked at the CT4 and CT4S as a lease in UK

I was tempted by the CT4 cost saving over the CT4S which I felt this would out weigh the acceleration difference

unfortunately when I compared the lease costs, the lower residual value of the CT4 meant there was very little saving to be had

I ended up going CT4S

CT4Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
For me. 4S is the sweet spot. I feel like any decent branded top end model will do 0-60 under 5 seconds nowadays and all the Tesla EVs will do it as well. I wanted something with a little more oomph. Feels like Turbo and Turbo S is little too much power. Want me CT to be a daily driver, and all that extra burst of power will be wasted on my SF Bay Area traffic. But the handling (perf package) will be pretty close when carving canyons on the weekend. I was going back and forth between the 4 and 4S as well. with the config coming out to be about close to $20k difference.

-ThinkMac-
I originally was getting the 4 CT then spec'd a 4S CT with the same options, the options packaged on 4S came out cheaper plus it came with red brakes/sport sound (I wasn't getting it on the CT) also coming from Model X Perf/Model 3 Perf...don't think I can do 4.8s 0-60 so 3.8 is worth it. Diff was ~17k before taxes on my config so I pulled the trigger.

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
I traded in my 911 991.2 Carrera (still have a 991ST like backdate) for the 4CT. I owned the 991 for 3 years and not once did I use my launch control. Just made no sense to order a car which can do 0-62 in 4,1 instead of 5,1 seconds. I used the price difference to spec my 4CT with a lot of goodies :)

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I have owned a 4S since December 2020 and having seen the CT have asked for numbers to swap which I am still waiting for.
Interesting the same black exterior, white interior!!
I have not driven a CT 4, but am not convinced that it will be that much slower than the CT 4S in the real world.
I rarely use the 0-60 performance, for me its all about the mid range, which will be slower, but according to the reviews, still amazing.
Of course if the CT 4S is little more to lease, i'll take it.

plamichigan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne, 1970s era Buick
Country flag
I think the "S" is the sweet spot, as stated. A little more power, nicer options, for a bit more money.

My sedan S is very, very fast for regular driving. I'm guessing you will enjoy it.

I can't comment on the lease options because the residuals are key to lease costs, and I don't know what residuals you were getting.

PLA
Sponsored