JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Keep posting these kinds of videos. There is a ton of stuff out there that is really useful even if no one responds.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Didn’t know all this and it makes complete sense. Thanks for posting.

GTSCarLife

First Name
GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
While dealerships absolutely DO want you to be happy with your purchase, because it is good for business (the title of this article is not really accurate), the content of his video regarding how dealerships are paid on warranty claims is 100% true. Since the early 90’s, dealers have had to care about customer satisfaction because the grades started affecting their allocation and even more today, the ratings are readily available to the public via multiple internet sites. So yes, if your car suffers from a manufacture design defect and the dealer knows they “can’t “ fix it, they absolutely will prefer that you see them as the innocent “victim” alongside you (good cop/ bad cop) and would much rather that you go after the manufacturer, and not blame them. And honestly, it isn’t really their fault. They are like any other retailer. They purchase product from a manufacturer at a “wholesale “ price, invest millions in infrastructure and marketing to get your business and to service what they sell. Most of them do their best to earn your business and keep you happy, and they definitely will roll on the manufacturer so the blame gets placed where it belongs. (FWIW, I worked in dealerships for 20 years, starting after school as a lot attendant and quickly working my way up to General Manager.)

Waynekennyk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus 2008
Country flag
Big thanks for sharing that video, mate! It's a real eye-opener about how dealers sometimes shrug off our car troubles. Really makes you think twice about where you get your wheels from.By the way, speaking of wheels, I've been on the hunt for some sweet car deals, but they're scattered all over the map, practically in a different time zone. It's like these deals are taunting me from afar! So, I've been seriously hiring services that ship cars to bridge that gap. You know, it's all about bringing the dream machine right to your doorstep. But, man, sifting through legit shippers is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Sponsored

Last edited: