Width of the rear arch

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
I wanted to visualise how the car would be when going through my driveway as it is quite narrow and I noticed that the width of the Taycan is 214cm with the mirrors out based on https://www.automobiledimension.com/model/porsche/taycan

I have fitted cars that were 209cm wide (measurements based with their mirrors out ) through my driveway and after doing some measurements, the Taycan's 214cm should be fine too however it seems like the rear arch of the car is very wide, possibly wider than the side mirrors! Would someone be able to confirm if this is the case or would anyone be kind enough to measure their rear arch? :)
Sponsored

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
I wanted to visualise how the car would be when going through my driveway as it is quite narrow and I noticed that the width of the Taycan is 214cm with the mirrors out based on https://www.automobiledimension.com/model/porsche/taycan

I have fitted cars that were 209cm wide (measurements based with their mirrors out ) through my driveway and after doing some measurements, the Taycan's 214cm should be fine too however it seems like the rear arch of the car is very wide, possibly wider than the side mirrors! Would someone be able to confirm if this is the case or would anyone be kind enough to measure their rear arch? :)
I think the mirrors in open position are the widest point of the car. I ordered folding mirrors and I fold them every time I enter the garage.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FWIW, I only have 6 inches to spare when entering my garage with the mirrors out. I still like to have them out so I can line up the driver's side mirror to barely miss the door opening, that way I don't have to look at the passenger side which is hard to judge.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Thank you, since the mirrors are the widest point on the car then I should be fine :)

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Ah 6 inches seems like a tight squeeze! Or Is that 6 inches on each side?
Sponsored