Will/are Porsche Indies be able to service the Taycan?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Not no much for battery/drive motor issues, but for services like brakes, alignment, etc.?

I called the indie where I bring my 718, they said (not surprisingly) they haven’t seen a Taycan yet, but when the time comes they’d be “willing to try”.:oops:

Well, given that I’ll be a ways out before requiring my first paid service, I probably won’t be their guinea pig, but I would think that Taycan stuff like brakes, etc. should be common enough among P-cars for an indie to handle it, as long as they get the lift points right.
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You have to make sure they deactivate the Air Suspension self leveling before they lift the car and that checkbox is buried into the settings menu. It should be deactivated when the car is parked on the lift (not before) because it reenables itself automatically when you start driving again.

When I had a Macan with Air Suspension I printed these instructions and taped them on the steering wheel for them.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The rear brakes on the Macan require PIWIS to open the handbrake electric motor so you can replace them. I assume Taycan is the same. Many indy shops don't have PIWIS and get creative and usually disassemble the motor assembly to achieve the same goal. I would not recommend that.

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Luckily my Indie has it...he reminds me that he does & how much it cost him every. single. visit. :)
Sponsored