Will leaving car in extended LIFT mode while parked cause issues?

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I need to use LIFT mode to get my car onto my drive, once parked up I don't lower it back down to Normal height as it needs LIFT to then get back out of driveway.

Does anyone know if leaving car in extended LIFT mode whilst parked would cause any problems with any suspension components or is it perfectly fine/safe to do so?
I can't imagine it would cause any issues but just wanted to check.

Thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No it shouldn't be a problem. I use Smart Lift and generally leave the car in the raised position (programmed for a series of speed bumps) until I next use it when it will automatically reset to normal when on the move. Not on an incline but don't see how that would matter at all.

Reactions: B61

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've been parking in max height in the garage since April, with no issues. The Tesla would lower itself all the way to low height after a time. I don't know if there was a good reason for that. It's just air in cylinders. They shouldn't care how much air.

+1 for the car not looking so great when lifted though. But that extra 1.5 inches or so - definitely feel it in the knees when egressing...

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What if you were parked over a curb stop? Would it lower itself onto it and wreck your bumper?
It would rest on the curb. Or wheel stop in a parking lot. But after 8 years and 90,000 miles the behavior never caused damage that I was aware of. Then again, after I noticed the behavior I was more aware not to park where lowering might cause an issue...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Unlikely. Depends on height of curb. Car maintains its height but will attempt to auto level at a guess.

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST (on order)
Country flag
Is it possible to have the car lift on the way into the drive and lower once parked….and then lift again when I get back in to leave?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is it possible to have the car lift on the way into the drive and lower once parked….and then lift again when I get back in to leave?
Sort of, but not a seamless operation. There is no smart function for this. The random option is to set Smart Lift to ‘lift’ on approach to your drive but likely you would then have to manually lower the car (or accelerate to 15 mph - 20 mph to automatically lower the car to normal height (if your driveway length permits)). On exit, set Smart Lift to raise at a certain different point (again if driveway is long enough to get a different set of co-ordinates) and then once you reach the 15 mph - 20 mph limit the suspension will lower to normal height again..

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST (on order)
Country flag
Driveway is really short… so I’m guessing it will just stay lifted while parked which seems a shame

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Been doing that for a year at home. No issues.

Lift is just as ugly as lowest, at least on 20". Wheels go in and under the wheel arches so it looks weird. :p

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
As you get older, comfort >> important than how it looks “raised”. ?‍?

Taycan_friend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I need to use LIFT mode to get my car onto my drive, once parked up I don't lower it back down to Normal height as it needs LIFT to then get back out of driveway.

Does anyone know if leaving car in extended LIFT mode whilst parked would cause any problems with any suspension components or is it perfectly fine/safe to do so?
I can't imagine it would cause any issues but just wanted to check.

Thanks
No, there will be no damage on parts.
Sponsored