Will there be a major PCM upgrade like 2022 update.

Mar117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So let me be honest, contrary to all the issues and hate for the 2022 PCM upgrade, I found it very useful update in terms of usability and features ( plus bug fixes in my case).

So will there be a new one announced in june?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So let me be honest, contrary to all the issues and hate for the 2022 PCM upgrade, I found it very useful update in terms of usability and features ( plus bug fixes in my case).

So will there be a new one announced in june?
I very much doubt it. Minor tweaks if anything.

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
For sure there will be update(s), but as the functionality and stability matures, these will not be major releases. Unless Porsche decides a UI/UX refresh across the range

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Once I am familiar with something, particularly a touch screen system meaning I have to take my concentration off driving to use it, it would have to be a big functional upgrade for me to be pleased by any change!
What would we like to be added (or removed) for any update to be worth the disruption?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Once I am familiar with something, particularly a touch screen system meaning I have to take my concentration off driving to use it, it would have to be a big functional upgrade for me to be pleased by any change!
What would we like to be added (or removed) for any update to be worth the disruption?
Agreed. Leave well enough alone.

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
There are some software issues that need to be addressed but they can more than likely be done via an OTA update. For example, if you are using Favorites and Satellite Radio the steering wheel controls stop working. It requires you to go back and forth using FM radio to have it reset and enabled. Its a glitch that took me months to solve but likely my service advisor tried it and it worked.

OP
OP

Mar117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
There are some software issues that need to be addressed but they can more than likely be done via an OTA update. For example, if you are using Favorites and Satellite Radio the steering wheel controls stop working. It requires you to go back and forth using FM radio to have it reset and enabled. Its a glitch that took me months to solve but likely my service advisor tried it and it worked.
Thats some weird glitch. Luckily i have zero issues with pcm. I am just looking for updates that keep the car fresh.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
For example, if you are using Favorites and Satellite Radio the steering wheel controls stop working. It requires you to go back and forth using FM radio to have it reset and enabled. It’s a glitch that took me months to solve but likely my service advisor tried it and it worked.
I have never seen this behavior, and I use Favorites with Satellite Radio. Which controls are you talking about? Volume, next channel? Very interesting glitch!

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I have never seen this behavior, and I use Favorites with Satellite Radio. Which controls are you talking about? Volume, next channel? Very interesting glitch!
This is my most common configuration, too. Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, is there a way to go back a channel? I can go the next one with the diamond on the wheel but I've been going to the screen to go cycle back.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, is there a way to go back a channel? I can go the next one with the diamond on the wheel but I've been going to the screen to go cycle back.
Not not that I am aware of. I don’t have a lot of favorites, though, so it’s never really been something I’ve looked into.

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Steering Wheel controls for scrolling through and changing the stations.
Sponsored