Will there be Taycan S and Taycan GTS?

JayGT4

Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4
Country flag
I asked this in the renders thread but thought I'd ask in separate thread - so will there be a Taycan, Taycan S and Taycan GTS like the rest of the Porsche models? I know not to expect a Turbo or a GT model :)

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 Cayman 06 CayenneTT
Country flag
I asked this in the renders thread but thought I'd ask in separate thread - so will there be a Taycan, Taycan S and Taycan GTS like the rest of the Porsche models? I know not to expect a Turbo or a GT model :)
I think there has to be variants in the line up so that they can compete with the entry/mid level EV, but then give us a top end performer like the GTS.. I think other models will come to go up against the likes of Tesla Roadster

Series7

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
I think there has to be variants in the line up so that they can compete with the entry/mid level EV, but then give us a top end performer like the GTS.. I think other models will come to go up against the likes of Tesla Roadster
You think they'll bring a whole new model to take on the Tesla Roadster or compete with it using an EV Boxster?

Series7

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
Yes I'd bet the farm we'll see S and GTS versions. There's too much $ left on the table not introducing those badges. Besides the usual performance upgrades they'll feature larger capacity batteries and better range.

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 Cayman 06 CayenneTT
Country flag
You think they'll bring a whole new model to take on the Tesla Roadster or compete with it using an EV Boxster?
Hmmm, I'm not sure. I think if the four door does well, they would come up with a fresh design 'blank slate' to take advantage of the platform and stand apart from the ICE cars. You could say the Taycan looks very similar in the middle to a Panamera (based on those renderings), with a different front end being most obvious. However since there is no mid engine, you could design a two door four seater (with room) and make it gorgeous.