First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Throw away? :)
They won't be collector cars like a GT Black Series or even an G63 that can be resold in the secondary market for years to come.
They are leased cars like the S Class that will drop hard in Value as time goes
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
They won't be collector cars like a GT Black Series or even an G63 that can be resold in the secondary market for years to come.
They are leased cars like the S Class that will drop hard in Value as time goes
I was only teasing you...

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I don't think you can negotiate a sales price when you make a deposit, only when you get a production slot and lock in your configuration. I did not have a price for the Taycan either when I made the deposit on the reveal day... I did put a deposit for an EQS 580 at 3 dealerships, all three are selling the custom orders at MSRP at this time.

Having gone through the wait list for the Model 3 and Taycan, my experience is that the rush is only for the first 6 months or so. A lot of reservation holders tend to not purchase so the queue is substantially shorter than what it seems originally. For example, I got my first Model 3 in February 2018 (first deliveries July 2017) despite being behind something like 130,000 people by the time I put the deposit (evening of the reveal). By the end of Q1 2018 Tesla had produced roughly 10,000 model 3s, so to the very least 120,000 reservation holders ahead of me declined the purchase...

I would therefore submit that your friend may actually be better off not signing for a price at the time of deposit. He may end up getting MSRP or below in few months only.
The EQS is a production car and MB is taking orders, not reservations. The dealer in my example is indeed an unethical, opportunistic schmuck. ;)

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Having gone through the wait list for the Model 3 and Taycan, my experience is that the rush is only for the first 6 months or so. A lot of reservation holders tend to not purchase so the queue is substantially shorter than what it seems originally. For example, I got my first Model 3 in February 2018 (first deliveries July 2017) despite being behind something like 130,000 people by the time I put the deposit (evening of the reveal). By the end of Q1 2018 Tesla had produced roughly 10,000 model 3s, so to the very least 120,000 reservation holders ahead of me declined the purchase...
Do we know 120k reservations were real? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I checked with my dealer, and he said, they will have an EQS coming to the showroom in two months. Then we check it out, and then we might place an order if we like what we see...

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Do we know 120k reservations were real? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I checked with my dealer, and he said, they will have an EQS coming to the showroom in two months. Then we check it out, and then we might place an order if we like what we see...
Went for a second drive - car looks better on dark color (of course this is just my personal taste). Placed a deposit at the 3 dealers in the cities, will have several months to think about it.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Came across my first EQS sighting in the wild, parked at work, owner unknown.

Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? received_961341814500938

Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? received_292144359647054

Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? received_982552092375295

Ive been kind of championing this car as a from the ground up EV design by MB, but I'll be honest, I found the overall design underwhelming and too jelly bean in person. Just didn't have the physical presence I would expect in a flagship luxury sedan.

OTOH, when I saw a Lucid Air in person, that thing had flagship presence to me.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Came across my first EQS sighting in the wild, parked at work, owner unknown.

received_961341814500938.jpeg

received_292144359647054.jpeg

received_982552092375295.jpeg

Ive been kind of championing this car as a from the ground up EV design by MB, but I'll be honest, I found the overall design underwhelming and too jelly bean in person. Just didn't have the physical presence I would expect in a flagship luxury sedan.

OTOH, when I saw a Lucid Air in person, that thing had flagship presence to me.
Are the designers of these cars trying to put everyone to sleep? ???

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I guess I need to change my pic and say good bye to the fellowship. My Taycan is back to the dealer (offer I could not refuse). I did buy an EQS 580, so for those interested here is the short version after few days of ownership - compared to my 4S

1. Looks: definitely Taycan is the sexier car on the outside. Definitely EQS more exiting interior. The navigation screen is huge, very well lit, and with excellent graphics. Much improved over Taycan.
2. Handling: definitely Taycan is better. Faster, very steady on the ground. The EQS is just a whiff slower to 60, but feels a little like a very comfy boat. Comfort rather than sporty, no question
3. Software: definitely EQS better. No glitch on the software, no errors, works from the beginning. That was my biggest problem with the 4S, the uncertainty of car communicating with the Porsche server.
4. Space. EQS is bigger. Seats in the back are very nice, but headroom is limited.
5. Noise. No big difference at highway speed, but slightly better on the EQS. At lower speeds, my Taycan had the annoying front engine noise and the pedestrian warning was not well insulated. Mercedes has done a better job at it.
6. Consumption: EQS is more thirsty than the Taycan under similar conditions, but has longer range due to the larger battery.

Signing off here, but will keep lurking. Once Porsche starts making the electric Panamera I may be back. I am at a point in my life where I need comfort more than sexy looks, but I still have a lot of love for the Taycan, such a drop dead gorgeous car...

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I guess I need to change my pic and say good bye to the fellowship. My Taycan is back to the dealer (offer I could not refuse). I did buy an EQS 580, so for those interested here is the short version after few days of ownership - compared to my 4S
Always value your input as an experienced EV driver!

6. Consumption: EQS is more thirsty than the Taycan under similar conditions, but has longer range due to the larger battery.
That is a bit surprising considering the better aerodynamics? Is it the bigger engine, wider wheels, heavier car?

Reactions: B61

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

1. Looks: definitely Taycan is the sexier car on the outside. Definitely EQS more exiting interior. The navigation screen is huge, very well lit, and with excellent graphics. Much improved over Taycan.
2. Handling: definitely Taycan is better. Faster, very steady on the ground. The EQS is just a whiff slower to 60, but feels a little like a very comfy boat. Comfort rather than sporty, no question
3. Software: definitely EQS better. No glitch on the software, no errors, works from the beginning. That was my biggest problem with the 4S, the uncertainty of car communicating with the Porsche server.
4. Space. EQS is bigger. Seats in the back are very nice, but headroom is limited.
5. Noise. No big difference at highway speed, but slightly better on the EQS. At lower speeds, my Taycan had the annoying front engine noise and the pedestrian warning was not well insulated. Mercedes has done a better job at it.

Signing off here, but will keep lurking. Once Porsche starts making the electric Panamera I may be back. I am at a point in my life where I need comfort more than sexy looks, but I still have a lot of love for the Taycan, such a drop dead gorgeous car...
We will miss you. Enjoy your new car!

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I think the best option for a luxury, well build EV would be the new Range Rover in 2024.
The build, materials put most every car to shame. Having sat in 3 different variants, I was beyond impressed by it.

The EQS feels like a skateboard with seats and a few other bits slapped on it.
The alcantara is a thin swim suite material, the seats are comfortable, but not the same leather from previous S Class Napa leather.
Completely different with the Range Rover.

Imo The focal point shouldn't be the screen, but the design and materials.

rr5_026.jpg

79-land-rover-range-rover-2021-official-reveal-images-sv-seats.jpg
I got the SWB. I love the ride quality and visibility, but I can't stand the feeling of ICE.
They did a remarkable job with the infotainment UI and the screen is very sharp

Im ready for the BEV version asap

Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20220505_185324
Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20220505_185249
Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20220505_185257
Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20220505_185347
Porsche Taycan Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS? 20220505_185516

Reactions: B61

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Saw this car getting charged up just north of Santa Barbara ... had special dealer plates from Michigan ... very impressive looking in person. Large vehicle. Definitely makes a statement ... very Mercedes.
Sponsored