hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Planning to get the windows tinted on my Taycan 4S when it arrives and I'm curious what tint level people recommend on the front and sides. I understand the state limit on the front is 70% which is crazy high to me, coming from states that were 35% or less and far less sunny. Also I think it would look weird to go with 70% up front but 35% or lower in the rear and sides.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Planning to get the windows tinted on my Taycan 4S when it arrives and I'm curious what tint level people recommend on the front and sides. I understand the state limit on the front is 70% which is crazy high to me, coming from states that were 35% or less and far less sunny. Also I think it would look weird to go with 70% up front but 35% or lower in the rear and sides.

There is the legal amount and what you can get away with. Most reputable window tinters with lots of high yelp reviews will give you good advice on this. I think I got 35% on the front 50% on sides and rear and 70% on the panoramic roof. This was a Tesla and I don't believe you need the tint on the Taycan roof.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag

I go 20% front and rear windows/windshield and 70% tint on windshield.

No, it's technically NOT legal in the state of CA.
Sponsored