First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I’m actually not sure.

Did you find it wavy and distracting too?
Absolutely it's both. I hated it at first, but I I learned to look through it and I don't notice it anymore.
I have 2 huge holes in the PPF that the windshield should have been replaced 2x within 1000 Miles.

I also can't drive cars with heating elements in the windshield because it's wavy so I'm just as sensitive as you

TonO

First Name
Ton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Needed a new windshield as the rock that hit it won that round.

All in the price to repair, recalibrate and replace at a dealer was $3,358. What I thought was a bit excessive was the $1,200 to recalibrate the front camera. Its all done by PIWIS and probably didn't take longer than an hour.
In Holland 2.500 Euro for the insulated glass replace.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Absolutely it's both. I hated it at first, but I I learned to look through it and I don't notice it anymore.
I have 2 huge holes in the PPF that the windshield should have been replaced 2x within 1000 Miles.

I also can't drive cars with heating elements in the windshield because it's wavy so I'm just as sensitive as you
So what you’re saying here is the windshield film does affect clarity, but it also works as advertised.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So what you’re saying here is the windshield film does affect clarity, but it also works as advertised.
That's correct.
I got the film to avoid your issue on your windshield from your previous Taycan, but quickly saw the benefits to prevent what the OP experienced.

I must have PCA concourse level of perfection and cleanliness

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Not bad at all. Much cheaper then filling up one tire with air on a Bugatti...Prices to maintain that car is insane...I think 200K for a full brake job.

OP
OP

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Update on the windshield film - I couldn't live with it and removed it.

It fortunately came off in one piece and left no glue residue.

I don't fault my shop for this at all, their work was stellar, I just think I am too picky for something between me and the view of the road.
Curious what product were you dissatisfied with? I have used tear off protection in the past and it was acceptable, but that did not included any night driving.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Curious what product were you dissatisfied with? I have used tear off protection in the past and it was acceptable, but that did not included any night driving.
I honestly don't know - I didn't ask.
I do think I am both overly sensitive to changes in my view, and impatient.

It is possible that more time would have smoothed it out, but I'm really not sure - when I removed the film it was very thick and very rigid. It seemed like it wasn't changing at all no matter how much time and sunlight it got.

I'll probably regret removing it when I get my first rock chip :)

I went into it as an experiment, reasoning I could remove it if I was unhappy with alterations to the view, so I've got no bad feelings about any of it.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Suggest this product, I know folks at the track running with it.

https://www.getexoshield.com/
It's good for track and short term use. Clarity after a certain amount of time is comprised and Takes a long time to install which means costly

There are really only 2 products in the market. The other is Stek that I have and I'm almost certain @DerekS had

Eleven2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD, 2021 Macan S
Country flag
I have stek on mine since april. Wavy pattern went away after the summer. My biggest problem is wiper skip now. Stek told me I have to use the maintance spray on it. But after a few wiper motions its gone. I was going to remove it after the winter. But looking at the cost of the replacement, I think I will keep it on for now...

Ezikiel37

First Name
Ezikiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got back from my Tahoe trip and That's when I notice that the windshield seems to be really sensitive. I got hit with a rock from a distance of say 5 cars and it easily created a small chip. (figured it was a small rock from the sound it made on impact) Unfortunately it happened twice. So now with OP suggestion I will be looking into EXOSHIELD.

OP
OP

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
For some reason these cars seem to attract road hazards.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Agreed.
I think we are starting to see a 'Taycan Tax' on repairs to fund the low servicing costs.
well when your first service for Air filter and brake fluid only happens to cost $950.00 then yes I would think so. I can only imagine what servoce cost are for a 911 GTRS

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Update on the windshield film - I couldn't live with it and removed it.

It fortunately came off in one piece and left no glue residue.

I don't fault my shop for this at all, their work was stellar, I just think I am too picky for something between me and the view of the road.
The shop I got all of my work done advised me that they don’t do windshield film for this very reason. He said that the wipers tend to destroy them pretty rapidly….especially in winter.
Sponsored