mziegler38

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2019 991.2 C4S
Country flag
I plan to store my 4S over a 4-5 month period in my garage. Should I attach a trickle charger thru the cigarette lighter?
Any other suggestions?
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I plan to store my 4S over a 4-5 month period in my garage. Should I attach a trickle charger thru the cigarette lighter?
Any other suggestions?
Based on my own experience, the SoC drops by about 1% per month if the interior monitoring is shut off. A 4 to 5 month storage period should be no problem and a trickle charger may not be needed. You may want to consider charging your battery to anywhere between 60 and 70% SoC before your storage period begins. That is more than enough to take the minute vampire drain into account, but it is not at a level which challenges the battery's longevity.

Last edited:

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
If you are storing the car but have access to it, I would “start” it once a month so that the 12V battery recharges from the 800V one. Then shut off after 3 or 4 minutes and leave open or without monitoring if risk is low.

miatnorman94

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Hey there, I'm new here, and I noticed your post about winter storage for your 4S. Keeping a trickle charger on the battery during storage is always a good idea to prevent it from losing its charge. As for other suggestions, you may consider using storage units to store your car in a climate-controlled storage unit. That way, it'll be protected from extreme temperature fluctuations and any potential damage from the elements. Plus, it'll give you extra peace of mind knowing your car is in a secure location. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

AntonyU21

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
I think there is no problem with trickle charging, but I think it is unsafe to keep charging for such a long time
Sponsored