Chipcoe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Has anyone done the homework on finding high performance winter tires for a 2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo with the 21" wheel option? Tire Rack does not list any options for this vehicle and the options through Porsche (inclusive of winter wheels) are $6k-$7k and very limited. I would be interested to move to a narrower, higher side wall tire than the 265s/305s Pirellis that came with the car - but want to be sure they fit my OEM wheels (assuming I don't locate a good winter tire/wheel combo). Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
In Europe there’s plenty of choice albeit not N0 rated.
Don’t change the wall size if it affects the tyre perimeter by more than 1-2%. There are plenty of online calculators that can help. Porsche cars are well known to get into all sorts of error modes if there’s the slightest variation in rotation measured between axles; I’ve heard stories about cheap stakes changing for new tyres on one axle but not the other on their awd 911 and having out of pocket repair expenses for the resulting broken differential. There’s no mechanical link on the Taycan between axles but I would not play with changing tyre diameter unequally between axles.

if you can’t find 21 winters in America, buy some 20” aftermarket wheels and put winters with higher but OEM sidewalls. You’ll get better traction overall thanks to narrower tyres which have better grip than wider tyres in the snow (something something buoyancy).

OP
OP

Chipcoe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestions. I found that Bridgestone is out with 285 and 265 20" LM005 Blizzaks that will fit aftermarket 20" wheels that will fit the Taycan. Not as nice looking as the factory wheels, but also less than half the cost of a winter set up quoted by Porsche. For a few months each year, I can focus on function and enjoy being sideways in my Taycan only when I want to be.
Sponsored