vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Hi, I've been away from the site for quite sometime and pardon me if this is already covered. But, I got the latest PCM update a month ago and just found out that Android Auto wireless works. However it only works on my wife's phone but not mine (😡). I have Samsung z fold 3 and my wife has Samsung S21 Ultra. Anybody else had similar issue where wireless Android Auto didn't work initially but then worked after tinkering. Please help. For now, I tried this:
https://support.google.com/androida...isconnect-your-phone-from-wireless-projection
Sponsored

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
No issues with 2022 Taycan and a Z Fold 3. Sorry if that is unhelpful but at least you know it is not the type of phone.

OP
OP
vatsav

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No issues with 2022 Taycan and a Z Fold 3. Sorry if that is unhelpful but at least you know it is not the type of phone.
You mean wireless android auto works for you and you have fold 3 and 2022 Taycan?

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Correct. So nothing wrong with the Fold 3 per se

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Try opening the Android Auto app on your phone, toggling wireless AA off, restarting your phone, then toggling wireless back on, then restarting again.

This fixed the issue for me - wired AA would work fine, but wireless would never connect. After the above procedure I was able to connect wireless perfectly.

OP
OP
vatsav

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try opening the Android Auto app on your phone, toggling wireless AA off, restarting your phone, then toggling wireless back on, then restarting again.

This fixed the issue for me - wired AA would work fine, but wireless would never connect. After the above procedure I was able to connect wireless perfectly.
It works now! After all the steps, I re-paired the car and the phone. And then worked!