Wireless Apple CarPlay not functional if you have Apple Music set up in car?

Obi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone know if wireless CarPlay is non functional if you have Apple Music set up in car? My CarPlay worked wirelessly at one point and now it only works wired. I have Apple Music in car and activated, so not sure if anyone else has observed this. I even go to devices and try to turn on Apple Music manually and nothing happens. I have all of the latest updates on my 2020 Taycan.
Sponsored

JorgeMag

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apple CarPlay

Question: Wireless Apple CarPlay does not turn on automatically. (Part 1)

Solution: Check to ensure the iPhone is not connected to a different Wi-Fi hotspot.

Wireless Apple CarPlay requires that the customer's phone be connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the vehicle, either directly or via the private 5Ghz channel (not seen in the iPhone Wi-Fi settings). Check to ensure the iPhone is connected to the vehicle's Wi-Fi hotspot and not to the customer's home or work Wi-Fi hotspot. If the iPhone shows no connection to any Wi-Fi hotspot then it could be connected to the Wi-Fi using the5Ghz private channel for Wireless CarPlay. The key here is to ensure the iPhone is not connected to another Wi-Fi hotspot outside of the car.

Question: What happens if Apple Carplay does not connect automatically when first starting the Car. (Part 2)

This situation can occur when the Porsche’s PCM attempts to start Wireless CarPlay and it cannot find the iPhone on the PCM's Wi-Fi network. Typically when this occurs the iPhone is still active on a different Wi-Fi hotspot (home or office network). Wireless CarPlay sessions operate over Wi-Fi, but the Bluetooth communication is used initially to tell the PCM that the iPhone is present and ready to use Wireless CarPlay (as well as share the Wi-Fi security information).

After the PCM attempts to make a connection to the iPhone for CarPlay over the 5Ghz Wi-Fi, it soon realizes it cannot find the iPhone because the iPhone is connected to a different hotspot. This also can happen if the iPhone is manually paired to the 2.4Ghz band of the car’s Wi-Fi hotspot. The PCM has two bands for Wi-Fi, 2.4Ghz (labeled Porsche_XXXX) and the 5Ghz (labeled Posrche_XXXX_5Ghz). Apple CarPlay uses the 5Ghz band and this is automatically chosen when the first pairing is done. If the customer tries to manually pair the iPhone to the 2.4Ghz band it can create this concern because from this point on the iPhone is constantly switching between the two bands which can upset Wireless Carplay.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Native Apple Music and CarPlay incl. wireless work together without any issue for me. Issue must be something else. Like the person above me said, it could be a phone wifi issue. Or just some random glitch by the PCM.

OP
OP
Obi1

Obi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It worked once I switched to the 5ghz network! Thanks@ jorgemag
Sponsored