Wireless Apple CarPlay

Diemme79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 630, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello. I have taken my 4s (new) on Friday. The dealer told me that Taycan does not have wireless CarPlay but so far only the Cayenne.
I thought I had read that it does exist for Taycan. Am I wrong and I misunderstood ?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello. I have taken my 4s (new) on Friday. The dealer told me that Taycan does not have wireless CarPlay but so far only the Cayenne.
I thought I had read that it does exist for Taycan. Am I wrong and I misunderstood ?
your dealer is very misinformed

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
+1, it’s there. It didn’t work before my update, but does now. However, I stick to the PCM mostly.
what is pcm? I’ve noticed this come up when Apple play connects but wasn’t sure what it meant? If selecting this instead ofApple play what happens?

riozilla

First Name
Rio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
PCM is the Porsche Communication Management system (aka the default telematics operating system that you see on your screen when CarPlay is not in the foreground).

OP
OP

Diemme79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 630, Taycan 4s
Country flag
+1, it’s there. It didn’t work before my update, but does now. However, I stick to the PCM mostly.
Thanks. How do I activate it without cable? I am not sure how is it possible that a dealer does not know this!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Thanks. How do I activate it without cable? I am not sure how is it possible that a dealer does not know this!
Here is how it worked for me. Connect your phone to bluetooth like you would do without CarPlay. Once it has completed, select "Devices" in the main PCM screen. There you'll see your phone listed. In the row where your phone is listed, there will be a few icons showing that your phone is connected via bluetooth and these icons will be "lit." The third icon is the CarPlay icon, which will be "unlit." Tap on that icon, and give it some time. It worked on my next drive.

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In some countries it is not enabled from default and can not be used . I dont have it .

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
PCM is the Porsche Communication Management system (aka the default telematics operating system that you see on your screen when CarPlay is not in the foreground).
Thank you. Why does it give you the option of pcm when initiating Apple car play?

For the op. Not sure if this helps but I had to buy a lead and connect several times via a lead before the car recognised wirelessly.

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Here is how it worked for me. Connect your phone to bluetooth like you would do without CarPlay. Once it has completed, select "Devices" in the main PCM screen. There you'll see your phone listed. In the row where your phone is listed, there will be a few icons showing that your phone is connected via bluetooth and these icons will be "lit." The third icon is the CarPlay icon, which will be "unlit." Tap on that icon, and give it some time. It worked on my next drive.
my carplay icon is grayed and when you push it, doesn't do anything. Am I missing something? Happening in a 2023 4S CT

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
my carplay icon is grayed and when you push it, doesn't do anything. Am I missing something? Happening in a 2023 4S CT
Do you have an iPhone ? :)

If so, is CarPlay enabled on your phone?