Wireless Carplay disconnects during 'spirited' driving.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm having an issue where when I drive at high speeds on curvy roads, exerting high g-forces on the car that wireless apple carplay with disconnect. Am wondering if anyone else has that problem, and if it's possible to make a wired connection to carplay through one of the usb-c connectors in the center console.
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
This is new. You are driving so fast Wi-Fi can’t keep up with you!

Plugging it in may help. I am able to plug mine in and it seems to work wired. I have never had this issue though. I have had CarPlay drop several times though due to bad coverage or general wonkiness.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Unless your phone is flying around loose in the cabin there is no reasonable explanation for this. An unreasonable explanation is that the PCM's WiFi antenna connection is loose. Yes plugging into one of the console USB-C ports works great.

OP
OP
amazing

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unless your phone is flying around loose in the cabin there is no reasonable explanation for this. An unreasonable explanation is that the PCM's WiFi antenna connection is loose. Yes plugging into one of the console USB-C ports works great.
So, is there anything that needs to be done other than plug in to USB-C? Will the wired connection just over ride the wifi?

It might be helpful to start another thread, because I now think it might have something to do with lossless audio. This problem seems to be exacerbated by 1) curvy roads 2) poor cell reception and 3) lossless audio setting on apple music.

I have songs that are "downloaded" but there seems to be some buffer underrun or something that the PCM is having a problem transferring all the bytes over WIFI.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Somewhere on this forum someone posted the supported media formats and bit rates. It's possible your lossless format is indeed more than what the PCM can take, or it's possible it's more than can be jammed reliably over WiFi inside the car (even short range). If it's the latter problem, the wired connection should clear it up instantly.
Sponsored