epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
yesterday the car play kept dropping out. I would get it to connect with the phone and then in a few minutes it would drop out, happened a few times.
what is really annoying is that the PCM will not reconnect while driving so you need to wait until you are stopped to reconnect.
To be clear, if you click On the phone icon on the right edge, go to devices, then click on the CarPlay icon for your phone while driving it won’t reconnect?
Sponsored

Ebabins

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’ve found that by disconnecting the wifi in the car (just use your phone’s data package)the car finds the phone much faster. Try that.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
To be clear, if you click On the phone icon on the right edge, go to devices, then click on the CarPlay icon for your phone while driving it won’t reconnect?
in this one instance that is accurate, I am just chalking it up to general taycan wonkiness

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Sorry to hijack this thread but........I don't think I have any use for carplay, at least not that I'm aware.......and, the wife keeps getting text pings in the car telling her it's time to set up apple carplay.
How can I help her get rid of that annoying noise?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Does this happen to anyone else?
Feature or a bug?

I don't use Apple, but my daughter used this with her phone a few days ago. Yesterday she drove in the car behind me, and when she stopped behind me on the first traffic light, her phone shows up on my display.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMHO, it's a feature.
I registered my iPhone with Taycan before test drive.... few days later, I went on another drive (with the same car), "he" recognized me... and even Spotify plays the same title ...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
IMHO, it's a feature.
I registered my iPhone with Taycan before test drive.... few days later, I went on another drive (with the same car), "he" recognized me... and even Spotify plays the same title ...
Even when the phone is not in my car?

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I have the same issue with the iPhine 12 Pro Max. Unlocking the phone when I get in the car and to make it go faster. It's something to do with the security on the newer phones.

The Waze issue may be related to Apple tightening down location services usage for both privacy and battery life. If you want Waze to not get funky on you, you have to allow it to use your location all the time.

When discussing these issues it would be most useful if everyone stated both their phone model AND iOS version. I'm using 12 Pro Max & iOS 14.6.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Even when the phone is not in my car?

Phone (or car) doesn’t know the position, it’s just a question of range if connection could be established.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I don't use Apple, but my daughter used this with her phone a few days ago. Yesterday she drove in the car behind me, and when she stopped behind me on the first traffic light, her phone shows up on my display.
This sounds like the setup to a gag in a sitcom

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I have the same issue with the iPhine 12 Pro Max. Unlocking the phone when I get in the car and to make it go faster. It's something to do with the security on the newer phones.
Or power saving? Unlocking might cause it to wake up

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Phone (or car) doesn’t know the position, it’s just a question of range if connection could be established.
Exactly, but not the best solution, if you drive and suddenly have the phone screen plus music/talking in your car without the person even knowing? WiFi signal too powerful?
Sponsored

Reactions: B61