W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I find the inconsistency frustrating unless there was a batch of PMCCs which needed work and were shipped with MY20 cars.

Mine's MY21 with PMCC and no physical upgrade applied. Software is up to date.

As an aside, when you get your car back i'd be curious to know what PID is registered to your PMCC when you enable plug and charge and PLC to the car only.

I was expecting the vehicle VIN (I think this is what PID is) but I get a fairly random one that translates on the charger as a Taycan and appears in the charging logs.

You can use this to skip the PIN once you authorise your PID on the PMCC.
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
You need to relink your Apple account for music and Podcasts after the update.
I am aware of that. The problem was that the Apple Music and Apple Podcasts icons did not even show up in the list of media sources within PCM. So I could not bring up the QR code to link it to my Apple-ID.
Today, when I started up the vehicle the question of private mode came up again. I declined that of course. Then at first it wanted to log me in as "Guest", not my main profile. After a few seconds I was able to log in with my main profile. And suddenly the Apple Music and Podcasts icons showed up in the media list and I could link them to my Apple-ID.
Before the update I had the issue that it lost that link for Apple Music repeatedly while the Apple Podcasts module remained linked to the very same Apple-ID. Totally implausible...
So, I'm curious whether this behaviour will persist after the update...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am aware of that. The problem was that the Apple Music and Apple Podcasts icons did not even show up in the list of media sources within PCM. So I could not bring up the QR code to link it to my Apple-ID.
Today, when I started up the vehicle the question of private mode came up again. I declined that of course. Then at first it wanted to log me in as "Guest", not my main profile. After a few seconds I was able to log in with my main profile. And suddenly the Apple Music and Podcasts icons showed up in the media list and I could link them to my Apple-ID.
Before the update I had the issue that it lost that link for Apple Music repeatedly while the Apple Podcasts module remained linked to the very same Apple-ID. Totally implausible...
So, I'm curious whether this behaviour will persist after the update...
Ok so if you don't yet have the update then the behaviour could change for the better.

If you have then all I can suggest is to go through a full reset of the PCM (clear all settings) and start over.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
WMA5 and WMA7 (charger) done.
My car is a MY20.
So far I noticed the extra function Smartlift and the keyless entry/lock works much better.
OTA-module works again!
Got the PUGP too (Porsche Update Goodie Package).
My dealer is really the best!

Once I switched the car on I also got 8 updates OTA (over the air) for the entertainment system and some other stuff.
So far so good.
I'll dig into this to find out the changes and extras.

Porsche Taycan WMA5/WMA6 updates spring 2021 IMG_20210329_183520949

Porsche Taycan WMA5/WMA6 updates spring 2021 IMG_20210329_183509165

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
WMA5 and WMA7 (charger) done.
My car is a MY20.
So far I noticed the extra function Smartlift and the keyless entry/lock works much better.
OTA-module works again!
Got the PUGP too (Porsche Update Goodie Package).
My dealer is really the best!

Once I switched the car on I also got 8 updates OTA (over the air) for the entertainment system and some other stuff.
So far so good.
I'll dig into this to find out the changes and extras.
Can you share screenshot of the PCM version?
Do you see the plug&charge option in the Charging settings (you have to check under the three dots '...')?

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Just been updated as well. All seem fine. How do you activate plug n charge? I’ve got PMCC and looking to stop entering the pin. My charger is public so pin enabled.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just been updated as well. All seem fine. How do you activate plug n charge? I’ve got PMCC and looking to stop entering the pin. My charger is public so pin enabled.
Porsche Taycan WMA5/WMA6 updates spring 2021 Screenshot_20210329-190008_Porsche Good to know

With this enabled and your car authorised to the charger you can enable the PIN (and set a guest one). PMCC will recognise the handshake (see my earlier post but you will need to activate PLC to the car) and not prompt for a PIN. A PIN is required if you want to access the settings etc on PMCC. Other than that it is straightforward to configure as you want.

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I noticed I can now select Porsche Care from the connect services (I'm not sure if that was already possible before the update though).
Anyway, it's free of charge and lasts 10 years.
It's an online diagnostic service or something like that.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I noticed I can now select Porsche Care from the connect services (I'm not sure if that was already possible before the update though).
Anyway, it's free of charge and lasts 10 years.
It's an online diagnostic service or something like that.
Yes, I just activated that tonight. Nothing else there. No FoD features.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I noticed it now stores my settings properly.
I unchecked "automatic activation of parking cameras" and before the update it was checked again.
Now it stays unchecked.
Yeah! So happy now! :)
This was how it intended to be.
Sponsored