Alex_V

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
About a month ago the battery on the car would stop charging throughout the night. It would charge for about 3 hours then I would have to go back to the car, unplug it, and plug it back in. After doing all of that it would charge for another 3 hours and do the same (I don’t have any timers). I’ve tried putting it on “direct charging” and it would do the same thing and only charge to about 72% then stop. I’ve already tried restarting the charging unit to factory settings, tried charging on both sides, and made a new profile with charging to 100% but nothing is working. Is there anything I can do or is this something the service department has to resolve?
Sponsored

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
Have you tried rebooting your charging station? Either unplugging and replugging your charger....or turning the breaker off and back on. I find that just like with computers and cable TV boxes, sometimes it is good to clean the palate with a reboot. I also do a 2 finger reboot of the PCS when settings go awry. Works like a charm.

Buck

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I’ve had the same problem for about 3 weeks, charging stopping after around 1,5-2,5h. No timer. Tried rebooting / changing profile to 80-90-100% / looked at the breaker without success.
Interestingly enough, the PMCC charger doesn’t report any error , but stays solid green saying charge completed. But the Connect App reports an error charging.
The car is currently at dealership and there was supposedly a problem with the charging module of the car. I should get it back this week and will keep you posted so that you can have your car checked as well with more info

About a month ago the battery on the car would stop charging throughout the night. It would charge for about 3 hours then I would have to go back to the car, unplug it, and plug it back in. After doing all of that it would charge for another 3 hours and do the same (I don’t have any timers). I’ve tried putting it on “direct charging” and it would do the same thing and only charge to about 72% then stop. I’ve already tried restarting the charging unit to factory settings, tried charging on both sides, and made a new profile with charging to 100% but nothing is working. Is there anything I can do or is this something the service department has to resolve?

OP
OP

Alex_V

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve had the same problem for about 3 weeks, charging stopping after around 1,5-2,5h. No timer. Tried rebooting / changing profile to 80-90-100% / looked at the breaker without success.
Interestingly enough, the PMCC charger doesn’t report any error , but stays solid green saying charge completed. But the Connect App reports an error charging.
The car is currently at dealership and there was supposedly a problem with the charging module of the car. I should get it back this week and will keep you posted so that you can have your car checked as well with more info
I had to take it to the dealer recently to find out what the problem is, they haven't been able to work on it until today and it's been 9 days. Hopefully the problem gets solved soon.

OP
OP

Alex_V

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Have you tried rebooting your charging station? Either unplugging and replugging your charger....or turning the breaker off and back on. I find that just like with computers and cable TV boxes, sometimes it is good to clean the palate with a reboot. I also do a 2 finger reboot of the PCS when settings go awry. Works like a charm.

Buck
I've tried everything possible on my end, it was to the point where I had to take it to the service department. Thanks for the help but it seems to be a software issue being that this never happened before the software recall earlier this year.

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This has happened to me the last 2 nights. Two nights ago it charged only t0 64% and last night 72%. The timer is set to charge between midnight and 6 AM and to charge to 85%.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So,
I got my car back and they found quite a few errors plugging their system in.
So they had to change the whole charging module.
unfortunately, I got to try charging a few days later and the same problem happened again while charging on driver’s side port (left) it stopped by itself after approx 10kWh or an hour or so.
I then tried a couple of days later to charge without a profile with Direct Charging to 100% on the same charging port and had the same problem again.
Then I tried charging on the other side (right / DC charging port ) and guess what… it worked fine. Twice !
So , my problem is clearly with the left side charging port.
I’ll have to take the car back to the dealer in a few weeks. It’s a bummer because I’ll get a Panamera 4 or a Macan as a loaner ;-p

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had to take it to the dealer recently to find out what the problem is, they haven't been able to work on it until today and it's been 9 days. Hopefully the problem gets solved soon.
All right
Hope they will find the problem
Thanks in advance for keeping us posted!

OP
OP

Alex_V

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So,
I got my car back and they found quite a few errors plugging their system in.
So they had to change the whole charging module.
unfortunately, I got to try charging a few days later and the same problem happened again while charging on driver’s side port (left) it stopped by itself after approx 10kWh or an hour or so.
I then tried a couple of days later to charge without a profile with Direct Charging to 100% on the same charging port and had the same problem again.
Then I tried charging on the other side (right / DC charging port ) and guess what… it worked fine. Twice !
So , my problem is clearly with the left side charging port.
I’ll have to take the car back to the dealer in a few weeks. It’s a bummer because I’ll get a Panamera 4 or a Macan as a loaner ;-p
We tried both sides and couldn’t get it to work. We asked for a loaner but they sold all of their loaners and won’t have any until 5 months. Thanks for the info hopefully we both can get our issues resolved.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We tried both sides and couldn’t get it to work. We asked for a loaner but they sold all of their loaners and won’t have any until 5 months. Thanks for the info hopefully we both can get our issues resolved.
I feel for you…
Hope indeed it gets resolved
And eager to see you what the cure to your problem
Sponsored