Wonky consumption data

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
I was on a long range drive this morning and I was tracking my consumption in mi/kWh with interest. I was doing about 72 mph and was getting 3.1 mi/kWh in range mode while on the highway, which I found agreeable considering the open face 21 inch mission E wheels on my car. I turned off the highway, came to a stop, and all of a sudden the consumption data zeroed out and showed me 0.1 mi/kWh. Then it slowly built back up to 0.7 mi/kWh as I finished my trip. I'm assuming something went wonky and it restarted tracking my miles but kept how much energy I had used. I noticed this over the weekend once too and that data point showed up in my list of overall consumption data. What I like about having this data is it gives you a more instantaneous idea of what kind of overall range you're getting compared to the guess-o-meter. Say, for instance, you want to cover 200 miles and know your battery capacity is 87 kWh then you know you need to do better than 2.3 mi/kWh on average to get where you're going (and in a Taycan you know what your spirited driving budget is!). So, it would be nice if it didn't kill the calculation in the middle of a trip. Has anyone else had this happen and is there a way to change something so it doesn't? Thanks in advance!

Porsche Taycan Wonky consumption data tempImagezRN1y6

Porsche Taycan Wonky consumption data fullsizeoutput_cc

OP
OP
T-Fury

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
Just bumping this again. Same thing happened yesterday in the middle of a trip—I hadn’t stopped the car or anything. Just driving along on the highway and all of a sudden the consumption value went to 0. I assume this is a software bug and maybe it’s somehow related to me changing the units to mi/kWh. Has anyone changed to those units and not had this happen? Interestingly the guess-o-meter range hasn’t begun decreasing based on these values, at least yet.

Porsche Taycan Wonky consumption data 28676AE5-C367-4B52-8B72-6CE38A07EF4D