First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
My 2 cents concerning the outside:
-As much as some of us would like to believe this is a different car than we've seen (e.g., fenders look different, etc.), this is the same car from Goodwood.
-He's reconfirmed where the stickers are on the front and once removed, we'll see the similarity to the concept car.
-He's confirmed that there are no side cameras to replace the mirrors. I think we knew that wasn't possible at this point.
-I doubt there is much more "cladding" to be removed, this is our car and I'm still excited. I'm not expecting some magical surprise and a Mission E pops out on the World debut:)

Regarding the launch control, I'm not surprised by the reaction as this is a high performance EV. I get the same initial reaction in my wife's Tesla. I get that we won't be launching this way in the real world, but it's good to see the longevity displayed here.

Other than that, I'm excited to have an EV that is going to stand out from an aesthetic perspective. I think it is going to look much better than our Tesla. Can't wait!
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Indeed, not much news but great camera angles!
One thing I think is very interesting, the use of CFRP/light steel for the body and/or structure in combination with a supposed weight of around 2000 kg.
That makes it much lighter than the Model S P100 which is way over 2000 kg, around 2250 kg.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
One thing I think is very interesting, the use of CFRP/light steel for the body and/or structure in combination with a supposed weight of around 2000 kg.
That makes it much lighter than the Model S P100 which is way over 2000 kg, around 2250 kg.
Higher Camera angles always work better, they're what you use when you want a car to look sporty and low to the ground. Esp. in this case and generally you use higher camera angles to make cars look better

And lighter is always better, good that Porsche have tried to make it lighter and sportier than the Model S

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
Higher Camera angles always work better, they're what you use when you want a car to look sporty and low to the ground. Esp. in this case and generally you use higher camera angles to make cars look better

And lighter is always better, good that Porsche have tried to make it lighter and sportier than the Model S
Agree. There are a few camera angles that make the car look much more sporty and aggressive for sure. I can't wait to see it in person. It will be a while of course, as I won't make the trek to Frankfurt:(

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
I hope the supposed weight of 2000 kg is true, I was afraid it would weigh in at 2200 kg.

2000 kg is the same as a Panamera Turbo and that one doesn't feel too heavy when driving it.

Hopefully they can shave off even more weight on the future GTS model.