W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
3rd order at the dealer this morning and on track for a Nov'22 (MY23) delivery. Provisional spec at this stage and already baulking at the additional cost of the GTS trim package so currently calmed down to std GTS interior (black not ideal but..) with sufficient Race Tex and Leather. Plenty of time to fiddle....
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I just specced a Sport Turismo with the options I want and it is about £6k dearer than my current CT order.
I quite like the GTS wheels but prefer the Sports Turismo "chariot wheels" and prefer the unnecessary compass option to the unnecessary stopwatch detail on the dash.
I like racetex but not the colour choices :(
Combined with the extra 20mm ride height for its better ride and gravel mode for farm tracks I still prefer the CT personally.
I can honesty say I am more than happy with my CT build - never was into the Alcantera look, power diff. irrelevant to me as minimal, LCD roof would be nice, non-essential but no interest in waiting another year etc. The increased price (my equivalent 4S build in ST is over 17K more!), clearly also a neg. to me. Beautiful car of course but def not as conflicted as perhaps I thought I might be :)
TBH, my biggest question is if and when you could replace the CT's lower skirts and front/rear trim with the ST trim and remove the CT plastic arches to reveal the already painted 'sedan/ST' arches beneath :) - of course if the geometry at base of ST arches diff to CT even this swap may not work. Also suspect that lower trim replacement would climb to or well north of 10K so prob a waste given you can paint the current CT trim to mimc the ST look!

Last edited:

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Look if it doesn’tpass the “moose test” or if I can’t play video games with the steering wheel while charging I’m not at all interested. Sub 1 second 0-60 or go home I say. You have to have priorities. Am I right?

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
3rd order at the dealer this morning and on track for a Nov'22 (MY23) delivery. Provisional spec at this stage and already baulking at the additional cost of the GTS trim package so currently calmed down to std GTS interior (black not ideal but..) with sufficient Race Tex and Leather. Plenty of time to fiddle....
Pretty much done the same, dealer was on the phone at 9am this morning encouraging me to get my Porsche code to him. I have asked for no earlier than a MY23 delivery to give me time to get out of my current lease vehicle but have gone ahead with a GTS sport turismo. One thing I noticed was with the std GTS interior I could not find where to select a heated steering wheel….so for now selected leather.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Pretty much done the same, dealer was on the phone at 9am this morning encouraging me to get my Porsche code to him. I have asked for no earlier than a MY23 delivery to give me time to get out of my current lease vehicle but have gone ahead with a GTS sport turismo. One thing I noticed was with the std GTS interior I could not find where to select a heated steering wheel….so for now selected leather.
It's heated as std I think (check the std options list at the bottom of the config).

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
the range is pretty incredible on the GTS !!! wish they had done the upgrade on my 4S

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
The Sport Turismo looks good, but I thought it would look much better than the CT than it does to me. I am not in love with the arches on the CT, but to me they do break up all that sea of red paint on the ST. Maybe its just the color.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
My dealer has confirmed I'll be allocated their first ST GTS, now I just have to hope that the residual value of my CT holds up OK.... ?

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
The GTS just came up on the configurator in Germany :cool:!
  • power up from 420 kW by 20 kW to 440 kW compared to the 4S -> a bit lame
  • torque up from 650 Nm by 200 Nm to 850 Nm -> extremely interesting
  • energy consumption down from 26,0-21,0 to 23,3-20,3 kWh/100km -> very interesting
  • WLTP range up from 335-464km to 439-504km -> very interesting
How did they manage to get the energy consumption down by so much?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I can honesty say I am more than happy with my CT build - never was into the Alcantera look, power diff. irrelevant to me as minimal, LCD roof would be nice, non-essential but no interest in waiting another year etc. The increased price (my equivalent 4S build in ST is over 17K more!), clearly also a neg. to me. Beautiful car of course but def not as conflicted as perhaps I thought I might be :)
TBH, my biggest question is if and when you could replace the CT's lower skirts and front/rear trim with the ST trim and remove the CT plastic arches to reveal the already painted 'sedan/ST' arches beneath :) - of course if the geometry at base of ST arches diff to CT even this swap may not work. Also suspect that lower trim replacement would climb to or well north of 10K so prob a waste given you can paint the current CT trim to mimc the ST look!
I have specified a non-black interior and not the glass roof so neither the fancy roof nor the racetex were tempting but I already specified torque vectoring rear wheel steer and active anti roll bars.
I was surprisingly disappointed by the lack of compass and the CT 21" wheels, though the GTS wheels are the only other wheels on offer for a Taycan I like.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
It's heated as std I think (check the std options list at the bottom of the config).
So it is: Heated GT Multi-function sports steering wheel in Race-Tex

Thanks for the heads up.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The GTS just came up on the configurator in Germany :cool:!
  • power up from 420 kW by 20 kW to 440 kW compared to the 4S -> a bit lame
  • torque up from 650 Nm by 200 Nm to 850 Nm -> extremely interesting
If I understand this correctly, those numbers (which are maxima) suggest that- if the torque figure is correct and not the expected 750Nm- the performance gain over the 4S is due to the rear motor (borrowed from the Turbo) having its power delivery tailed off as the revs rise. It would be nice to see torque graphs v rpm, ideally separately by front and rear motors, with and without overboost, for all the Taycan variants, to understand what is going on. I assume that there's a lot of artificial limiting of power output relevant to the full capability of the systems, in order to achieve Porsche's desired performance differential between the variants.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I assume that there's a lot of artificial limiting of power output relevant to the full capability of the systems, in order to achieve Porsche's desired performance differential between the variants.
That's exactly what they did. They took the complete drive train of a Taycan Turbo and put it into the GTS. The torque stays the same as the Turbo (850nm) but they limited the power with launch control from 680PS to 598PS. And without launch control from 625PS to 517PS.
Sponsored