First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6R9T13

Swapped my Turbo order for GTS this morning. I had an expression of interest in with the dealer since September so I should be one of the first to get a GTS… whenever that is.

to be honest I’m very happy with what porsche have brought. Identical touque to the turbo but with many of the options I had to add to my turbo already included.

I’ll save £19,000 over the turbo and I think it’s better. I’m happy. Just give me my car!!!

Porsche Taycan ? World Premiere: 2022 Taycan GTS Sedan and GTS Sport Turismo C911023E-BD4D-459C-8F0C-B5DF2323E5F4
Sponsored

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
Hello,

What do you think about range? I see that the range is 15% higher in GTS than in 4S. The battery is the same - so why?

Best

4S.png

GTS.png
The GTS is just tested with the new software that we all got. Same range but new EPA test on new models.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Specified a GTS on the US configurator identical my 4S (as close as I could get) and it looks like Porsche is asking about $10,000 to go 0-60 in 3.5 seconds instead of 3.8 (although I think CarandDriver that got 3.4 seconds on a 4S). Plus, you get some cosmetic goodies.

Looks like product differentiation 101 to me, along the lines of this: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=secret+deoderant.
Strange I did the same on the UK configurator and the price for the 4S was approx £109,058 (approx because the wheels I specced were £1524 compared to the £1860 exclusive GTS ones) with the GTS coming in at £109,998.

So all in all very little in it to get the extra performance benefits.

Admittedly there are various things that come as standard on the GTS I would not spec if getting a 4S (sport design package, electric sound, heated race-tex steering wheel, black matrix lights, black Porsche light, matte black lettering of the badge etc) but to compare them like for like I added them on.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The GTS models will NOT have more range.

It is the SAME battery pack, SAME motors, SAME battery software. It is simply an updated number based on WTLP testing a new model that more accurately represents what was already true.

There are many reasons to buy a GTS but you are NOT getting better range than buying a 4S.

Whether 2022s actually have better range than earlier versions is still tbd but the 2022 4S/GTS will have the same range.
Another very recent example of how the current Taycans (in this case the RWD) have 300-ish mile ranges with the bigger battery already:
https://insideevs.com/news/548397/porsche-taycan-rwd-range-test/amp/

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
At first, I was feeling just a bit wistful with the GTS announcement and wondering if I should have waited an extra year to get my Taycan 4S.

Then I checked the configurator this morning. To get a GTS similarly equipped to my 4S would have cost an extra $11K. It's also very unlikely that in today's market I would get the 6% discount I got on my Taycan last March, assuming I could get an allocation at all, so that would be another $8500+. And by the time a GTS is delivered in mid 2022 the $7500 federal tax credit might be history for cars like the Taycan or people in my income category.

The GTS looks very nice and will be a great option for Taycan buyers who are ordering today, but I'm feeling better now about the car that I bought a few months back.

kruzmisl

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S. 2019 Cayenne E-Hy.
Country flag
I like how they disingenuously compare 4s horsepower to gts power with launch control. (460 vs 520 lc). Makes the gts seem like a much bigger jump than it is
I think that’s because they are specking the “standard” car, and the 4S standard is with the small battery.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
The GTS models will NOT have more range.

It is the SAME battery pack, SAME motors, SAME battery software. It is simply an updated number based on WTLP testing a new model that more accurately represents what was already true.

There are many reasons to buy a GTS but you are NOT getting better range than buying a 4S.

Whether 2022s actually have better range than earlier versions is still tbd but the 2022 4S/GTS will have the same range.
no it’s a new battery they have been working on for some time. I just got my CT4s and’m pleased the range … an extra 50-60 miles would have been nice. though i prefer by far the CT looks to the ST GTS.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
no it’s a new battery they have been working on for some time. I just got my CT4s and’m pleased the range … an extra 50-60 miles would have been nice. though i prefer by far the CT looks to the ST GTS.
Do you have a source for that? Starting to wonder if I should change my order given the potential increased range and the new fancy roof.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Regarding the range: My local source said today that it is a new battery management system and the GTS is the first to get it. He also said that all other Taycan variants will also get it, starting with model year 2023, i.e. in late summer 2022.

Whether this is true, I don't know. The same source was wildly wrong about the expected performance increase.

Therefore, I think the hypothesis that the "new range" is really a "retested old range" might also be the explanation.

So I think the biggest attraction of the GTS is the torque of 850 Nm.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The GTS just came up on the configurator in Germany :cool:!
  • power up from 420 kW by 20 kW to 440 kW compared to the 4S -> a bit lame
  • torque up from 650 Nm by 200 Nm to 850 Nm -> extremely interesting
  • energy consumption down from 26,0-21,0 to 23,3-20,3 kWh/100km -> very interesting
  • WLTP range up from 335-464km to 439-504km -> very interesting
How did they manage to get the energy consumption down by so much?
I guess power electronics and BMS update.

Happy to see, that they worked the glass roof problem!

I am waiting for a complete new battery for all Taycans. GAC just finished test driving their new EV with their 144kWh silicon sponge battery (pack weight 700kg) driving in the tropics with AC always on over 900km (560 mi). I hope Porsche is working hard on their new battery factory...

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Only the roof and the new electric sound may have impressed me other than that its a complete rip off.

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Will that roof be an option for all taycans ? Or only gts ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Will that roof be an option for all taycans ? Or only gts ?
Yes - has been mentioned earlier. Go to the microsite for the GTS and you'll see the detail (available to order across the range from Jan 22 and physically available on the GTS from 03/22)

One other thing I've noticed from the configurator pictures is that the interior shots show 'Gravel' mode on the central display .... could there also be a CT GTS looming or just an oversight?
Sponsored