NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
In reading the forum, there seem to be many gremlins impacting the Taycan, and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US.

Seems like quite a few issues and campaigns, and now the PCM update. If you had to do it all again, would you still buy a Taycan? I agree they are EV, high-tech and great driving cars, but as a pending new owner, am I in for a world of headaches moving from a Cayenne to a Taycan?
Sponsored

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I would. Though next time, I'd add some things which I didn't get on my first (current) one, like full leather. With the new price increases from Telsa, the Taycan is not much more expensive then the Tesla performance model Y. And the Taycan is just another level in terms of quality and comfort. I'm getting basically the same range in my long range Tesla Y and my RWD Taycan: about 250 miles on a 100% charge.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
YES. Have a 2021 RWD with now 12K trouble-free miles. Our dealer is already aware we will be swapping the 2021 for a presumably refreshed 2024 Taycan committing when allocations become available.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I would buy a Taycan again, and if not a Taycan I would buy another EV rather than an ICE powered car. I enjoyed my Taycan for the last year-and-a-half and the thought of going back ICE would feel like downgrading from color to black&white tv. When I drive my wife’s ICE BMW, it feels antiquated and unpleasant.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In reading the forum, there seem to be many gremlins impacting the Taycan, and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US.

Seems like quite a few issues and campaigns, and now the PCM update. If you had to do it all again, would you still buy a Taycan? I agree they are EV, high-tech and great driving cars, but as a pending new owner, am I in for a world of headaches moving from a Cayenne to a Taycan?
In a heartbeat and I have.

Fun being a pioneer!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Yes. No question. Love it. But then I haven’t had any great problems with mine… even if it did forget my radio favourites again this morning!

Reactions: B61

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
No. Awesome car. Really love it. But losing tons of value after just 10k miles is Just too much for me.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
No. Awesome car. Really love it. But losing tons of value after just 10k miles is Just too much for me.
Has it lost value after 10k miles? I would have thought you could sell it now at list price
Sponsored

Reactions: B61