Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have a Taycan 4S and if I could do it over again I would not buy this car.

I’d buy a Taycan Turbo. 😍

But I’m sure my wife would not allow that, in which case, yes, I’d buy this car again.
Sponsored

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
......and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US......
Not sure what this tells us. Looks as of today like 389 used Taycan listed starting around $95k. Same site also shows 322 2020-up used Model S listed starting around $80k.

Its been a good car (even with PCM quirks) and would buy again now but maybe not in a few years. Everything will be 350kw charging and with at least as much range as Taycan by then.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Absolutely, but it may time out where we may seriously consider the 2025 Electric Cayman…I miss my Cayman…so that would be the best of both worlds. We never have anyone in the back seat…so we can manage that. That said, I would get another Taycan in a heartbeat…

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I would not think twice about it......yes!

I know you hear a lot of noise on this forum but what you do not hear is all the good! We always post the bad but rarely post the good!

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Yes I would. I am not even a CAR guy, I mean I like cars that drive nice. I have not hand washed a car myself in more than 20 years....until now. It's just pure joy.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In reading the forum, there seem to be many gremlins impacting the Taycan, and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US.

Seems like quite a few issues and campaigns, and now the PCM update. If you had to do it all again, would you still buy a Taycan?
In a nanosecond.

Despite some very minor annoyances with the PCM, this is the best car I've ever owned by a country mile and absolutely the best EV on the planet. Don't listen to the naysayers!

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
In reading the forum, there seem to be many gremlins impacting the Taycan, and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US.

Seems like quite a few issues and campaigns, and now the PCM update. If you had to do it all again, would you still buy a Taycan? I agree they are EV, high-tech and great driving cars, but as a pending new owner, am I in for a world of headaches moving from a Cayenne to a Taycan?
Yes, absolutely. With some minor add-ons to My fully loaded CT4 like leather sunvisors, Race-tex roof and night vision. Would even pick the same Ice Grey/Bordeaux combo, If not pts.

wallace

First Name
Wallace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Country flag
yes, absolutely. I've had the same "gremlins" as others with the internal alarm issue, PCM logging out, can't get Homelink to work, inconsistent charging at EA, etc.

BUT, it is by far the most fun car to drive I've ever had. The whole thing is just an absolute joy every time I get behind the wheel. Others have commented, but one thing I was on the fence about was getting the full leather seats, and I am really glad I did

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same. No question here. I’d probably just get one with a few more options… but I’m also very happy with the car that I have and happy in staying within my budget - in that sense I have very few regrets.

I’m also very happy that I got full PPF. While that was a very expensive “option” the anxiety relief it brings is invaluable.

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Sort of. I ordered a CT4S in September when no GTS had been announced. When the GTS ST was announced, my dealership offered to let me shift to one. I did not because I wanted the car sooner (and wasn't sure the extra 15k was a good idea). I still don't have the car I ordered and there's a much greater chance that the GTS ST would already be in my hands by now.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Absolutely (even though it’s my wife’s car). This car puts a smile on our faces every time we drive it. Our first degree of friends’ circle is almost 100% Tesla (everything ranging from Model S Plaid to Model 3 base) and plenty have been curious to get an experience of how it drives. Most came away surprised by how well it handles and how precise everything feels.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The only reason I haven't ordered my next Taycan is they won't sell me one in Guards Red!

991 Targa 4S was my favorite car to date...probably still is, but the Taycan moved up several notches after bonding with it for 4000 miles.

OP
OP

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wow! Great feedback here, and thank you for the link to the poll. Sounds like for the most part, Tycan owners are very happy with their cars. Good point that as owners, we tend to post more about the bad and less about the good. So, hopefully this thread is helpful.
Sponsored