4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
In reading the forum, there seem to be many gremlins impacting the Taycan, and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US.

Seems like quite a few issues and campaigns, and now the PCM update. If you had to do it all again, would you still buy a Taycan? I agree they are EV, high-tech and great driving cars, but as a pending new owner, am I in for a world of headaches moving from a Cayenne to a Taycan?
100%

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
I am now a whopping 165 miles into ownership of a 2022 Taycan 4S. I haven’t smiled this much in a long time (and I have a really blessed life). Not only would I buy another, I’m already planning on it. As much as I love driving it, I’m just as happy staring at it.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes but as much as I love driving it I won’t buy another one until the the larger mid lifecycle upgrade (if there is going to be a .1) or next major upgrade. I wouldn’t buy the current minor upgrades.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Best car I've ever had.
So yes, would buy again 100%.
I've seen so much issues here but then again, that's what internet is for, it doesn't say anything about the cars that aren't affected.
Besides, problems can be solved and often it's just an individual issue.
I'm just glad to see Porsche works on updates to show they care.
Yes, it's not as fast as we like but at least they're working on it.
I've never experienced major issues, only minor inconveniences which are all fixed under warranty.
My car is absolutely trouble free and would definitely buy again.
Well, not exactly that, my car isn't for sale.
I think I'll keep it for a loooooooong time! 😍🥳

Olav

First Name
Olav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I am not sure I would buy a Taycan again, it is a great car and fun to drive. Very high comfort and my girlfriend loves the massage. But the competition is so strong, and I really like the Mercedes EQE/S. I may swap it for an electric Cayman and Cayenne in the future.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Best car I've ever had.
So yes, would buy again 100%.
I've seen so much issues here but then again, that's what internet is for, it doesn't say anything about the cars that aren't affected.
Besides, problems can be solved and often it's just an individual issue.
I'm just glad to see Porsche works on updates to show they care.
Yes, it's not as fast as we like but at least they're working on it.
I've never experienced major issues, only minor inconveniences which are all fixed under warranty.
My car is absolutely trouble free and would definitely buy again.
Well, not exactly that, my car isn't for sale.
I think I'll keep it for a loooooooong time! 😍🥳
Same here. It is the best overall car I have owned. The handling for such a heavy car still amazes me. I have owned it since April 2020 and still get compliments almost every day. The Electrify America network is so much better than in the early days. It is nice to see the variety of EVs at the charging stations. However I can’t think of an alternative to the Taycan. The Mercedes EQS and Lucid look like an egg and a Buick Roadmaster despite all the tech.

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
Yes, absolutely and just did! Traded my 21 Mamba 4s for a 22 CT4 and am very happy with my decision. Dealer gave me close to what I paid for my 21 4s and the software improvements on the 22 CT4 have been spot on. Mostly any issues I had with the Mamba are fixed on the new CT4.
For what it’s worth, I tend to be an early adopter on technology so working through some issues never fazed me with the 4s.

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan again? 2EF523E2-CD5B-42E5-BEB7-2C77CDEF9644

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan again? DE50A8E3-AA3B-44C4-B4F2-60B994B9C0F5

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Yes, absolutely would. My CT4 had a couple of minor software issues initially that all got taken care of quickly by my excellent service dept at my dealer (Aristocrat Porsche). No big deal. The only car that I have had absolutely zero issues with is my 911. I would also buy another of those again, and again, and again.....

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Yes, absolutely and just did! Traded my 21 Mamba 4s for a 22 CT4 and am very happy with my decision. Dealer gave me close to what I paid for my 21 4s and the software improvements on the 22 CT4 have been spot on. Mostly any issues I had with the Mamba are fixed on the new CT4.
For what it’s worth, I tend to be an early adopter on technology so working through some issues never fazed me with the 4s.

2EF523E2-CD5B-42E5-BEB7-2C77CDEF9644.jpeg

DE50A8E3-AA3B-44C4-B4F2-60B994B9C0F5.jpeg
Nice CT4 and cute house!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This thread is a perfect example of why if you put much stake in a couple of trolls/axe grinders on an Internet forum, you'll wind up with a very skewed perception of reality.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here's a suggestion: buy a turbo, same colour, same (visible) spec... and remove turbo sign on the back... or, ask delaer to mount "4S" from old, to new one :giggle: :angel:
Or out of cheekiness just keep the turbo sign there and act as if its the same car. Then wait and see if it sticks;)

• Haha
Reactions: B61

peterjames

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Love ours and only mistake was the 21” wheels. It’s our family wagon and the 19” are what we need to take the abuse of everyday family life. Poodle fits perfect in the trunk, roof box for ski/road trips... Amazing machine!!
What issues did you have with 21 inch wheels? Curious as I'm looking to buy one with 21 inch wheels
Sponsored