would you buy taycan if it wasn't electric ?

would you buy taycan if it wasn't electric ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

christopher_b

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
No, I held out on the purchase of an EV until there was one that fit my criteria. An EV, was a must, it had to be roomy enough to get my family in it and it had to be a fun daily driver. The Taycan checked all those boxes. I wouldn‘t mind a bit more range. 300mi seems to be the sweet spot for me.
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
No, I held out on the purchase of an EV until there was one that fit my criteria. An EV, was a must, it had to be roomy enough to get my family in it and it had to be a fun daily driver. The Taycan checked all those boxes. I wouldn‘t mind a bit more range. 300mi seems to be the sweet spot for me.
Same for me. Came from Panamera. Loved the car. Was only missing the benefits of EV.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same for me. Came from Panamera. Loved the car. Was only missing the benefits of EV.
No for me as well. I was deliberate in having an EV as my next vehicle. Really enjoyed the concept of the Mission E and the production release of the Taycan.

If both the Taycan and Panamera were ICE... I think for practicality, I'd be more interested in the Panamera, but really enjoy the sportier design of the Taycan. This also makes me wonder... in 2030 when most Porsche vehicles sold are EV, will they keep both the Taycan and Panamera models?

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Possibly a slightly different answer here.
I would have bought the Mission E if were powered by hamsters. Best looking 4-door sedan ever conceived.
I followed the evolution and design of the car for over 4 years and the incredible work of Borkert, Burki, and Korner....had deposit down 2 yrs before delivery......got the 1st one in our market, or possibly Wisconsin.
On other forums I was kicking and screaming (and taking heat) that, in the end, it appeared the final car was looking more like the black mules than the 'E'.....even though Porsche continued to show the 'E' body at Parade, Rennsport, etc, etc....right up til the end.
Against my advice, wife said we should take it anyway (her car)....we did and it's worked out OK, though I would not recommend it for anyone in this latitude, other than as a commuter.
I did some cosmetic mods back then and have to admit now, it has earned a Pcar place in our garage after 2 years......but originally, it being an EV, was definitely not high on the list.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I would have bought the Mission E if were powered by hamsters.
Me too. But…one does wonder…

…how much hampsterpower boost would it have had in launch control?

And where would those extra hampsters come from? 🐹🐹🐹

Weezer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 M50
Country flag
No, for this much money I‘d probably get something more exotic. But having gone electric, I can’t go back to ICE. And from what I can tell, the Taycan is best looking, best driving EV on the market. I just need our building work to end, and the skip on my drive to go. Then it’s off to the Porsche dealership!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would have purchased one as long as it offered similar power. I would never buy an EV just because it was electric. It had to be a great car that just happened to be electric. Build a Taycan 4S with a 600hp twin turbo V8 and I’d still buy it.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I haven’t noticed this poll before, but i would not buy Taycan ICE.
I would order Tesla X or maybe i’d wait for EQS.
Sponsored

Last edited: