would you buy taycan if it wasn't electric ?

would you buy taycan if it wasn't electric ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Would you ... please let US know why
Sponsored

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
interesting question - i probably wouldn't personally because a taycan that isn't electric, to me, just screams "panamera."

That said, the interior of the taycan, and the infotainment layout, controls, etc, feels more modern and inline with where i think cars are going in general. that would be the only real reason for me to opt for a non-electric taycan...and the infotainment upgrades will probably show up in the rest of the lineup anyway over time.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
No, but for me this is purely fiscal/financial necessity. Over here in Belgium cars are taxed excessively. Especially ”not green” vehicles. Even the Porsche PHEV’s are not accepted as real PHEV and taxed as normal petrol cars. We are talking 15 to 20K per year or even more and tax deductibility limited to 40% as from 200gr cO2 WLTP cycle. EV’s on the other hand are fiscally stimulated, 100% tax deductible and virtually 0 taxes.

I also have 2 kids so a 4 door 4 seater is a must, which excluded my favourite model the 911.

So when a ”fiscally friendly 4 door 911” became available it was my chance to realize my Porsche dream.

Had the Taycan been a 4 door 911 with an ICE and the taxes had been fair, I would probably have bought it to. I didn’t buy the Taycan because I’m green or an EV freak or whatever. The preference or requirement for the propulsion system is purely a question of taxes and fiscal issues for me, making the cash layout warranted or ”defendable”.

To me the Taycan also feels a ”generation of cars newer” then for instance the Panamera, where especially the interior feel outdated compared to the Taycan.

Last edited:

Rafter

First Name
Emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 C4S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No, I wouldn't/couldn't buy a Taycan here in Turkey due to tax issues as well. Electric vehicles are being supported at the moment. A 911 with identical toys costs almost x 3 here while a Taycan is only x 1,3. So Taycan at the moment is a no brainer and the demand to this Porsche is through the roof at the moment. Hope it continues till I get mine delivered in March :)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I’m no longer buying gasoline cars…only EV’s for me from now on…

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
No.
Madrid has a no private vehicle central area which can be accessed by private mild hybrids, PHEVs and BEVs since 2018. Also announced that by 2023 it will be accesible only by PHEVs and BEVs with further tightening planned for the whole city. Also BEVs pay only 25% of the annual road tax and no street parking but more importantly are not subject to the 2 or 4 hour limits on street parking per zone. They are also free to drive and park on the streets when restrictions due to high pollution are in place and all others are banned or restricted. Also taxation on buying is lower than on other high-powered vehicles although not as noticeable as in other countries. However incentives to buying are limited to cars under 45,000€, so no luxury vehicles can take advantage. Also, on some toll roads, there is a 50% discount. Wish it was everywhere.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Very interesting poll,

No, I would had rather bought me a 911 Turbo S if budget would be that extensible:CWL::CWL::CWL:

Last edited:
OP
OP
sulaiman

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
from the first few replies, I presume that Porsche didn't do good in the design department

for me I liked the idea of the taycan coz it's electric and after I test drove it. I found out that it drives way better than my Panamera turbo s E hybrid

the only thing I didn't like in the taycan in my 3-day test drive was the 360 surround view
when compared to the one Panamera has ... I hope that can be fixed with a software update

I hope I will be getting my taycan in the next 10 days

PS I really hate Gas station Stops and ATMs :angry:

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would buy it if it was a 4 door 911 turbo S. Smaller then the panamera with the drive characteristics of the 911 turbo s.

But with that being said I would prefer it being electric. I love it.

OP
OP
sulaiman

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I would buy it if it was a 4 door 911 turbo S. Smaller then the panamera with the drive characteristics of the 911 turbo s.

But with that being said I would prefer it being electric. I love it.
cant agree more

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
No.
With the stunning looks of the Mission E and the electric drivetrain it became a no-brainer for me:
-My first new Porsche.
-No tax on electric vehicles in my country (gasoline cars have ridiculous high CO2 tax).
Also no road tax.
Free charging at work.
-Fastest car on the planet for that amount of money (Turbo S).
-I already switched to electric and I'm done with ice for almost 5 years now (had an BMW i3), electric drives soooo much better...
Still own them but purely for nostalgic reasons...:)
-Second hand Lambo Huracan vs new and modern Porsche, a no-brainer also.

That's it.
Love my Taycan, best thing I've ever owned.

OP
OP
sulaiman

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
87% with NO

for me, it looks better than Panamera

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Never again ICE, hence no for me....

Love the Taycan design in and out, but once you strip the EV part, the rest of the car is less impressive. Fit and finish are great, but the numerous software glitches make the user interface much less pleasant than my previous Merc E Coupe or BMW 650, not to mention the other EV..... I get burned frequently when I say it, but I think all automotive UI software teams should intern at Tesla before starting their job. The simplicity and intuitive menus are top in the industry.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
No. After transitioning from ice, which includes two Porsches, to a hybrid vehicle, I was inclined to consider EVs were the way to go. The tipping point in purchasing an EV came with the introduction of the Taycan, a well-designed and engineered EV by Porsche, a company synonymous with quality in coach build and rich racing heritage. Admittedly, there are a few software glitches Porsche needs to work out with this EV. However, every time I'm behind the wheel of the Taycan, when dialed into either sports or sports+ mode, it puts a smile on my face. It's stealthy, agile, and absurdly fast.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No. The electric propulsion is the highlight of this car. The rest is a complicated user interface with several bugs and the interior rattles worst than any other car I ever had. I also don't like that it does not have much space in the rear seat despite being long. If I had to buy an ICE of this size I would probably go for the Mercedes E53 or E63 AMG.
Sponsored

Last edited: