Would you say not having panorama rooftop and ambient light in your base Porsche Taycan is a dealbreaker?

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Pano roof isn’t noticeable to the front passengers so I think it would be an easy one to go without as long as you like the look from the outside. I believe in the states ambient lighting is standard on the Taycan. Either way it’s not that great. Only a couple to pick from which makes absolutely zero sense.
Sponsored

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Me, I too deliberately chose the metal roof as that was my preference. I don’t have ambient lighting but recently had it on a 2004 Taycan loaner for a week. I didn’t miss it when I got my car without it back from service.

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
no, the glass top and ambient lighting shouldn't be a deal breaker but I think the price is a bit high
I have the coffee beige exterior so the dark pano glass contrast is stunning. I actually found the pano glass annoying when driving in the mid-day sun driving to Las Vegas from Newport and god forbid if I had a bit of sunburn from golfing or the beach. I installed a semitransparent shade which clips in and reduces the amount of sunlight getting in by at least 75%. I thought I would only use the shade occasionally during the day but have found we just leave it in all the time.
If I were to buy a black car I would have gone with the metal roof to avoid chips in the glass roof.
Hopefully I never suffer any damage to the glass roof. For people driving 10K to 15k miles per year and likely in areas where they would encounter construction vehicles hauling gravel/stone or concrete raises the risk of glass damage. Also I would avoid the glass roof in areas where large hail is possible.

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
I like both options, but could do without the ambient lightning. I disagree with many here on the pano regarding front seats. It clearly lights the car also in the front and makes interior feel slightly bigger. Had a loaner from Porsche without the pano and felt more cramped in the car 🤣.

Pano would probably be my 3rd option I choose after larger battery and Bose.

Grayblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I could live without the pano roof. Would prefer steel or carbon roof. I've lived without ambient lighting and it makes a difference. The interior just feels so dark at night.

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
Ambient lighting not a deal breaker, if you care about it you can always have a third party install some.
I love my glass roof, but it got a small chip and it was a ~$8,000 repair - went through insurance. Just something to consider.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Just sold my Taycan with glass roof.
After DerekS and others experience and more recently the glass roof being shattered by its own boot/trunk I will never buy another Taycan with glass roof. I will accept my kids will be in a darker environment and I can’t carry anything on the roof.

Ambient lighting is cheap looking and the car has a great specification.
Buy it

TJH13

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Would you say not having panorama rooftop and ambient light in your base Porsche Taycan is a dealbreaker?

The car does have advanced air suspension, innodrive and matrix beam!
I am able to get the car for 60 000 usd
Prefer metal roof and don't care about ambient lighting, the rest are options I personally would like.
Sponsored