jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just spoke to 800-Porsche, giving them the commission number for my car (didn’t have the VIN). It’s a pretty loaded 2022 4S (Porsche code PN2HD3Q2), built 9/13-18, and it left Emden on 9/23 on the Sfl Conductor. Given the current environment, I expected that it would be missing the TPM, sun shade sensor, inductive charger, 2nd FOB, and possibly more. The nice lady on the other end of the line said that there were no open campaigns on the car! So once it unloads in Houston, it’s just a matter of putting it onto a truck for delivery to my local Porsche dealer, and then in my hands. Didn’t expect that!

I’m posting this since my guess is that there are others in a similar situation, wondering what’s missing from their car, and how long it will take to get it out of port. Looks like Porsche might have caught up on their parts inventory in time for the 2022’s rolling off the line now. Assuming, of course, that the information I received from 800-Porsche was correct…
Sponsored

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
John, that's good news. You should have her home soon. What color and wheels did you select?

I'm in Austin too. My order date is December. A long wait ahead for my Taycan 4S

OP
OP

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Keeping my fingers crossed… My order is Neptune Blue w/ 20” turbo aero wheels. How about yours?

FWIW, my car is running about 3 weeks ahead of schedule from the TYD estimate. It wasn’t due to hit Houston until 11/5, but now looks like it might be around 10/21. The dealer date is 2 weeks later, but my SA said it typically takes 1 week, not 2. So you never know - you might be looking at November and not December. Good luck!

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After reading all the horror stories on here. This post gives me hope for my 4S will be here this year. The delivery date is 12/24.

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Keeping my fingers crossed… My order is Neptune Blue w/ 20” turbo aero wheels. How about yours?

FWIW, my car is running about 3 weeks ahead of schedule from the TYD estimate. It wasn’t due to hit Houston until 11/5, but now looks like it might be around 10/21. The dealer date is 2 weeks later, but my SA said it typically takes 1 week, not 2. So you never know - you might be looking at November and not December. Good luck!
My 4S arrived in Austin in March 2021 about a week after being offloaded in Houston. I had to wait a day for the WMA6 update to be installed and then I took delivery. The new Austin dealership building hadn't yet been occupied so I took delivery at the older (and I do mean OLDER) building. The new building is so much nicer and in an easier location to get to.

Enjoy when you take delivery, I've had mine a little under 6 months and have only put about 3200 miles on it but I've enjoyed every mile!

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Just spoke to 800-Porsche, giving them the commission number for my car (didn’t have the VIN). It’s a pretty loaded 2022 4S (Porsche code PN2HD3Q2), built 9/13-18, and it left Emden on 9/23 on the Sfl Conductor. Given the current environment, I expected that it would be missing the TPM, sun shade sensor, inductive charger, 2nd FOB, and possibly more. The nice lady on the other end of the line said that there were no open campaigns on the car! So once it unloads in Houston, it’s just a matter of putting it onto a truck for delivery to my local Porsche dealer, and then in my hands. Didn’t expect that!

I’m posting this since my guess is that there are others in a similar situation, wondering what’s missing from their car, and how long it will take to get it out of port. Looks like Porsche might have caught up on their parts inventory in time for the 2022’s rolling off the line now. Assuming, of course, that the information I received from 800-Porsche was correct…
My 22 RWD same thing except I'm missing the electric steering column adjustment (I guess that's standard across all 22 RWDs). We're on the same boat right now!

OP
OP

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 22 RWD same thing except I'm missing the electric steering column adjustment (I guess that's standard across all 22 RWDs). We're on the same boat right now!
I’ve heard that about the RWDs. I wonder how they decide who gets what. I assume that it’s based on level of car, but mine’s only one step above the RWD. Wonder if the Turbo and Turbo S models are missing anything. It seems like the CTs all have issues, which makes me think that it’s CT-specific.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I’ve heard that about the RWDs. I wonder how they decide who gets what. I assume that it’s based on level of car, but mine’s only one step above the RWD. Wonder if the Turbo and Turbo S models are missing anything. It seems like the CTs all have issues, which makes me think that it’s CT-specific.
I ordered a CT4 in April and it is still in production at the factory. TYD is saying delivery expected to be December 3. It is making no sense to me how others are getting their cars so much quicker. And some folks saying they are expecting delivery of MY 22 in November or December. Also several CT's have been delivered, so does not appear to be a CT related issue.

HRHTHEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered- 2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
John, that's good news. You should have her home soon. What color and wheels did you select?

I'm in Austin too. My order date is December. A long wait ahead for my Taycan 4S
Nice. My delivery date is 12-3-2021 for a 4s. I’m happy to hear this. I’m out of Houston. The dealer says they normally get cars the same day but I’m getting PPF done before I drive her out but I hope it arrives a little early. Maybe in time for thanksgiving. I reach my freeze date in a few days then on to production in two weeks. I am hoping TPMS is good to go by time my car is in production as like this lucky taycan was good to go. Pics of my spec.
Porsche Taycan Wow - No Open Campaigns On My 2022 4S B6255664-1EF5-4599-9B1A-50FAA74F724C
Porsche Taycan Wow - No Open Campaigns On My 2022 4S 19AA9720-FC00-4440-B071-E0BB58BBB174
Porsche Taycan Wow - No Open Campaigns On My 2022 4S E33A009D-EEEF-491A-A985-CC99E33CABA4

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I ordered a CT4 in April and it is still in production at the factory. TYD is saying delivery expected to be December 3. It is making no sense to me how others are getting their cars so much quicker. And some folks saying they are expecting delivery of MY 22 in November or December. Also several CT's have been delivered, so does not appear to be a CT related issue.

Without knowing your specific build, I would almost imagine the more options the more likely a delay will occur.

But I also have no clue. My 2022 CT4 went into production this month a week before it was supposed to. I got my vin a few days later and it's already moving to the port. My dealer said it doesn't appear to be missing anything either.

The only thing that makes sense to me is my build is missing some options that are back ordered.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Without knowing your specific build, I would almost imagine the more options the more likely a delay will occur.

But I also have no clue. My 2022 CT4 went into production this month a week before it was supposed to. I got my vin a few days later and it's already moving to the port. My dealer said it doesn't appear to be missing anything either.

The only thing that makes sense to me is my build is missing some options that are back ordered.
what packages/options are on your ordered car?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
what packages/options are on your ordered car?
Here is my build (it is fairly highly optioned & my guess is that is what is holding it up?):

Chalk
Leather Interior in Black/ Bordeaux Red
Optional Equipment
Rear Axle Steering
Deletion of Model Designation
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Inlays in High Gloss Black
Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel
Roof Rails in Black Aluminum Finish
20" Taycan Turbo S Design Wheels
Door Handles in High Gloss Black
Sport Chrono Package incl. Compass Display on Dashboard
Smoking Package
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK)
Premium Package
Ambient Lighting
Ionizer
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Seat Ventilation (Front)
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Surround View
All-Season Tires for 20" Wheels
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
Included 3 Years of 30 Minute DC Charging Sessions at Electrify America Stations

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
My 2022 RWD has also moved all of a sudden from ready for production to on it way to Eden with an expected ship date on Oct 15th and delivery Nov 5th, had ordered end July with Freeze date or Aug 28th was well specced. Fingers crossed the timeline remains. Wonder which vessel it will be on.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Basically just premium package with the remote park assist. Power charge doors, sport chrono, and 400/150 on board charger.
That’s definitely few options. Wonder what the holdup is for all the stuck 2021 CT4.

We have:

Premium package
Sport chrono w/compass
Rear axle steer
Heated steering wheel
Power folding mirrors
Rear 2+1

Also delivery to Texas, expected delivery 12/10, moved from original date of 9/3.
Sponsored