vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I ordered a CT4 in April and it is still in production at the factory. TYD is saying delivery expected to be December 3. It is making no sense to me how others are getting their cars so much quicker. And some folks saying they are expecting delivery of MY 22 in November or December. Also several CT's have been delivered, so does not appear to be a CT related issue.

I simply don’t get how my ‘21 4S has been in production since 07/20 and ‘22’s with very similar builds are already enroute to customers.

The only difference between the OP's build and mine is I have 18 way seats but no Tech Package. I wonder if the former is the reason for the delay?
Sponsored

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
My 2022 RWD has also moved all of a sudden from ready for production to on it way to Eden with an expected ship date on Oct 15th and delivery Nov 5th, had ordered end July with Freeze date or Aug 28th was well specced. Fingers crossed the timeline remains. Wonder which vessel it will be on.
Are you in the US? Three weeks between shipping and delivery seems too quick.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just spoke to 800-Porsche, giving them the commission number for my car (didn’t have the VIN). It’s a pretty loaded 2022 4S (Porsche code PN2HD3Q2), built 9/13-18, and it left Emden on 9/23 on the Sfl Conductor. Given the current environment, I expected that it would be missing the TPM, sun shade sensor, inductive charger, 2nd FOB, and possibly more. The nice lady on the other end of the line said that there were no open campaigns on the car! So once it unloads in Houston, it’s just a matter of putting it onto a truck for delivery to my local Porsche dealer, and then in my hands. Didn’t expect that!

I’m posting this since my guess is that there are others in a similar situation, wondering what’s missing from their car, and how long it will take to get it out of port. Looks like Porsche might have caught up on their parts inventory in time for the 2022’s rolling off the line now. Assuming, of course, that the information I received from 800-Porsche was correct…
I'm in the same position as well, but I'm a bit skeptical. Mine left factory end of July and is a MY21 4S with a pretty heavy load of add ons.

I've been told there are no open campaigns on my delivery and everything is proper. It's 2 days away from Houston on the Siem Cicero. I'm not getting my hopes up though, and I'm planning for worst case scenario of missing TPMS and it being locked down at the port :)

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised after having low expectations, than get my hopes up.

Hope everything rolls smooth for you and you get your delivery quick and seamless. Good luck!

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Mine just moved to showing At Eden Port reached as a milestone as of today. Wondering how to,figure out what ship it would be on and when as it shows an estimated date of oct 15 on vessel.

HRHTHEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered- 2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine just moved to showing At Eden Port reached as a milestone as of today. Wondering how to,figure out what ship it would be on and when as it shows an estimated date of oct 15 on vessel.
TYD will tell you what ship you’re on. You can track the ship on TYD and Marine Traffic.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TYD, just updated to on Vessel for my 22 RWD. It seems to be on the RCC Prestige and heading to Davisville, wonder how long to Houston.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just spoke to 800-Porsche, giving them the commission number for my car (didn’t have the VIN). It’s a pretty loaded 2022 4S (Porsche code PN2HD3Q2), built 9/13-18, and it left Emden on 9/23 on the Sfl Conductor. Given the current environment, I expected that it would be missing the TPM, sun shade sensor, inductive charger, 2nd FOB, and possibly more. The nice lady on the other end of the line said that there were no open campaigns on the car! So once it unloads in Houston, it’s just a matter of putting it onto a truck for delivery to my local Porsche dealer, and then in my hands. Didn’t expect that!

I’m posting this since my guess is that there are others in a similar situation, wondering what’s missing from their car, and how long it will take to get it out of port. Looks like Porsche might have caught up on their parts inventory in time for the 2022’s rolling off the line now. Assuming, of course, that the information I received from 800-Porsche was correct…
This is great to know your car has no missing parts. Mine is also coming in the SFL conductor and will be dropped off at Baltimore and by truck to my dealer in FL. I spoke with my sale person this morning and he said nothing is listed in my car as missing but he will know more after arriving to Baltimore. However, based on what the "nice lady" told you it seems like they know even before arriving to the port if there is any open campaign, is this correct? Thanks for pointing this out.:turkey:

OP
OP

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is great to know your car has no missing parts. Mine is also coming in the SFL conductor and will be dropped off at Baltimore and by truck to my dealer in FL. I spoke with my sale person this morning and he said nothing is listed in my car as missing but he will know more after arriving to Baltimore. However, based on what the "nice lady" told you it seems like they know even before arriving to the port if there is any open campaign, is this correct? Thanks for pointing this out.:turkey:
I don't know if they know anything more than the SA or not, but I would *guess* so. It seems like it has to be recorded somewhere by the time that the car gets to port so that they know if work needs to be done on it prior to delivery to the dealership. But that's all guess work on my part.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The vessel RCC Prestige left Emden port 13 hours ago heading to Davisville, scheduled to arrived on Oct 11th and the Houston 7 days later. I hope your Taycan made it to this vessel. The other vessel still in port of Emden is the Siem Aristotle. Not sure when it is leaving.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The vessel RCC Prestige left Emden port 13 hours ago heading to Davisville, scheduled to arrived on Oct 11th and the Houston 7 days later. I hope your Taycan made it to this vessel. The other vessel still in port of Emden is the Siem Aristotle. Not sure when it is leaving.
Yes as to TYD my car is on the RCC Prestige.

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't know if they know anything more than the SA or not, but I would *guess* so. It seems like it has to be recorded somewhere by the time that the car gets to port so that they know if work needs to be done on it prior to delivery to the dealership. But that's all guess work on my part.
It makes total sense. I should find out soon. Thanks

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Without knowing your specific build, I would almost imagine the more options the more likely a delay will occur.

But I also have no clue. My 2022 CT4 went into production this month a week before it was supposed to. I got my vin a few days later and it's already moving to the port. My dealer said it doesn't appear to be missing anything either.

The only thing that makes sense to me is my build is missing some options that are back ordered.
I am wondering if you can search using your VIN and see if there is any recall on your car. I am not sure if recalls are the same as campaigns. https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/vinrecalllookup_V3.nsf/VIN?ReadForm&c=usa
Sponsored