Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello friends...question on your experience with chips in the XPEL film - I'm a little surprised that I have so many small "chips and tears" in the XPEL (hood mostly) after 4000 miles...and I'm wondering a) what others experience has been, b) does anyone have any experience fixing these microscopic chips, and c) should I complain to dealer as I'm not sure this is supposed to happen (meaning the XPEL is supposed to be "tougher" and not puncture/chip)...thoughts please!
Sponsored

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I don't know about XPEL in particular but I see this on cars with PPF all the time. Many seem to be fine with it but it would annoy the hell out of me (which is why I don't get it even though I like how it'd make car washing easier). What's the point of wrapping something to keep it looking good if you never get to enjoy it looking good?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hello friends...question on your experience with chips in the XPEL film - I'm a little surprised that I have so many small "chips and tears" in the XPEL (hood mostly) after 4000 miles...and I'm wondering a) what others experience has been, b) does anyone have any experience fixing these microscopic chips, and c) should I complain to dealer as I'm not sure this is supposed to happen (meaning the XPEL is supposed to be "tougher" and not puncture/chip)...thoughts please!
Difficult to say what to do. Could you take a few photos so we could see a bit of it?

Have you tried to pour some hot water over the area that seems chipped!

I have XPEL on one of our cars and we have done more that 30k kms and it looks like new. Even after meeting a number of gritters spreading in the U.K. It certainly could be heard hitting the front.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So from my understanding there are different thicknesses of Xpel......i have 1 or 2 little chips on my high performance car accumulated over 2 years/6k miles. none so far on Taycan 2k miles

saying that if you often drive over 100mph then expect to get more than the average
Sponsored