Yet another app connection post - works only from the Porsche Connect Store!

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My Taycan has LTE connectivity. I have all the privacy settings correct, etc. I can connect to the Taycan in my garage from the webpage on my desktop (https://my.porsche.com/) by clicking on the picture of the car. When I do that, I see the green "remote access" setup indicator and I see all status boxes are active and correct, and I believe I could initiate climate control, etc.

When I open the app on my iPhone, however, it knows me and my car, but when I click on the car, I get Overview and Functions screens with no information and no control.

Note if I go to Functions tab, I see only "PCM Services." Tapping that, I get "Potential connection issues" and "connected to another network" messages. The Potential connection issues says "Due to a change in your iPhone's OS, the WiFi connection to your vehicle might not connect properly." Then it wants me to add an exception for the vehicles WiFi network. But I'm not on the vehicle's WiFi. I will try to go back to the car and reconnect to its WiFi, but I don't know what that has to do with the phone_app_5G<->server, and then server<->car_LTE paths.

Anyway, when I click on the (i) under the car's name in the app and click "Visit the Porsche Connect Store" that takes me away from the app and to the web page on my phone. There I can then click "Active Services" under my car image and then click "Configurable services in My Porsche" and I get the green "remote access" button and all the active status and control, as with the web page from my desktop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Have you tried logging out and back in? Porsche did something yesterday on their end which for me resulted in losing the home location, as well as I had to re-login in the app. When I started the app, there was a message saying something along the line of “sorry you have to login again, we did some changes/upgrades on our end which require it".

Last edited:
OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Have you tried logging out and back in? Porsche did something yesterday on their end which for me resulted in losing the home location, as well as I had to re-login in the app. When I started the app, there was a message saying something along the line of “sorry you have to login again, we did some changes/upgrades on our end which require it).
Yes I actually deleted and re-installed the app and signed back in. No change. Is it possible a phone needs to pair with the car's WiFi once in order to enable controlling the car later?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes I actually deleted and re-installed the app and signed back in. No change. Is it possible a phone needs to pair with the car's WiFi once in order to enable controlling the car later?
I would expect not - completely independent of in car WiFi for remote access.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've never linked the phone with my car's WiFi, unless you count CarPlay.

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Don't connect to your car wifi, unless you have paid for the service through Verizon. $20 a month. try your iphone using lte only (turn off wifi on your phone). and make sure mobile data is on. if this works try going back to your home wifi to see if you can connect. good luck!

OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Don't connect to your car wifi, unless you have paid for the service through Verizon. $20 a month. try your iphone using lte only (turn off wifi on your phone). and make sure mobile data is on. if this works try going back to your home wifi to see if you can connect. good luck!
Ok LTE only changes the app messages but still no love. See screenshots. I’m calling Porsche tomorrow. Still works fine on the website from my phone.

Porsche Taycan Yet another app connection post - works only from the Porsche Connect Store! A5DAA941-C96C-4D09-B0F7-BBC237537885

Porsche Taycan Yet another app connection post - works only from the Porsche Connect Store! 3F4E9DBE-CE13-442B-9A64-20EE9A6AED48

OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
let us know how you make out.
I called porsche and they sent a screenshot to their techs. Four days later I can now see and control my car on my app. Solved, just had to be patient.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called porsche and they sent a screenshot to their techs. Four days later I can now see and control my car on my app. Solved, just had to be patient.
Porsche solved it or just took the credit of it fixing itself next time they restarted their server?

OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Porsche solved it or just took the credit of it fixing itself next time they restarted their server?
I'm sure you're right, but to be fair, they didn't take credit. It just started working.
Sponsored