Yet Another Leather Question: Black Full Leather Worth It?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
As I wait impatiently for my Cross Turismo order to be allocated, the only build question I keep having in my mind is whether to opt for full leather. In particular, I'm debating whether or not to stick with the standard black interior or go for the extended black leather interior. I'm pretty set on black - as great as all of the two tones look, I don't want to deal with upkeep on a chalk/beige, and bordeaux may be a bit much for me for a CT (I'd probably option if it was a sedan)

Looking at dealer cars, the difference between black standard and full leather seems not to be as big, so questioning whether it's worth the $4.1k. Yet I have a nagging feeling that a >$100k car should have a decent amount of leather. If this was a panamera, I'd option the full since I dislike the pebbled "standard" leather" and significantly prefer nappa, but the leatherette in the taycan seems not as far off the napa. If i got the standard, the leather bolsters and center would be perforated so wouldn't bother me as much
Sponsored

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
FWIW, my February 2020 Taycan 4S had the standard black interior, which was good. My (supposedly) March 2022 Taycan GTS is ordered with the black leather...

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
As I wait impatiently for my Cross Turismo order to be allocated, the only build question I keep having in my mind is whether to opt for full leather. In particular, I'm debating whether or not to stick with the standard black interior or go for the extended black leather interior. I'm pretty set on black - as great as all of the two tones look, I don't want to deal with upkeep on a chalk/beige, and bordeaux may be a bit much for me for a CT (I'd probably option if it was a sedan)

Looking at dealer cars, the difference between black standard and full leather seems not to be as big, so questioning whether it's worth the $4.1k. Yet I have a nagging feeling that a >$100k car should have a decent amount of leather. If this was a panamera, I'd option the full since I dislike the pebbled "standard" leather" and significantly prefer nappa, but the leatherette in the taycan seems not as far off the napa. If i got the standard, the leather bolsters and center would be perforated so wouldn't bother me as much
I have a CT with the standard leather in black. IMO, if you really like leather, full is the way to go. To me, the major differentiator is the leather on the dash and doors and the associated stitching, which looks great. I wanted to move on from leather, but didn't want the "animal friendly" Race-Tex so I compromised for the least leather available. I'm happy and the dash/doors with the standard leather is exactly the same as with the $4.1k Race Tex.

You might find this informative:
Porsche Taycan Yet Another Leather Question: Black Full Leather Worth It? Leather portions of Seats

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
It depends on your budget as this is a fairly emotional decision. I was set on the standard interior before test driving. I’m coming from a full leather Lexus, so had no experience with Porsche and it’s interior nuances. I was surprised by how ‘simple’ the interior felt with the standard leather: I am not talking about the seats, but primarily about the feel of the doors, arm rest and dash. I switched to full leather after my test drive. Could I live with standard interior? Absolutely! Would I spend 4K more on the ‘feeling’/emotion of a full leather interior? Absolutely (especially with financing, the difference for me is negligible).
Hope this helps - again, a very personal decision and there’s no wrong answer here..

PS: nothing wrong with Bordeaux Red for a CT…

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
for black, standard would be fairly good IMHO. Where your body/hand touch is leather anyway. The visual difference for other areas won’t be that noticeable in black…

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I went back and forth on this a lot and decided to do standard black. If I had to go back I’d get full leather, probably even two tone like chalk. The standard interior is just that, standard and run of the mill.
Sponsored