YM20 taycan , why isn’t remote unlocking available in the app as on the Ym21 ?

Taycen

First Name
Georg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
YM20 taycan , why isn't remote unlocking available in the app as on the Ym21 ?

After update of my ym20 taycan 4s I still don’t have access to remote unlock as on the ym21 cars . Why is this ?

Hardware issues ? Hope someone can give me an excessive answer . Thanks
Sponsored

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd like an answer to this as well.... my 2018 Panamera had it... other Porsches have it... so strange our MY20 cars don't... even after the major update... I'm always hoping the next app update will bring this feature... The last app update, I got excited, but it was not to be...

my friend left his Taycan unlocked and had to go all the way downstairs to lock it, while the app could have done it in seconds...

Porsche Taycan YM20 taycan , why isn’t remote unlocking available in the app as on the Ym21 ? IMG_8618

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have it on mine (MY2020 4S). I have never used it, however. Is it that the button doesn’t work?

OP
OP

Taycen

First Name
Georg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'd like an answer to this as well.... my 2018 Panamera had it... other Porsches have it... so strange our MY20 cars don't... even after the major update... I'm always hoping the next app update will bring this feature... The last app update, I got excited, but it was not to be...

my friend left his Taycan unlocked and had to go all the way downstairs to lock it, while the app could have done it in seconds...

IMG_8618.jpg
Yes , on the ym21 , not the ym20 …

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I was told by Porsche Mobility Service that there is no HW in the car to cater for this? Sounds very strange I know, because there is the Comfort Access??

OP
OP

Taycen

First Name
Georg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I was told by Porsche Mobility Service that there is no HW in the car to cater for this? Sounds very strange I know, because there is the Comfort Access??
Then they have lied to us , they promised me this …

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have it on mine (MY2020 4S). I have never used it, however. Is it that the button doesn’t work?
We don't even have the buttons on the app to lock / unlock the car... can you please take a screenshot on your phone of the app with the buttons? Thanks.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Here's the app for my 2021 RWD:

Porsche Taycan YM20 taycan , why isn’t remote unlocking available in the app as on the Ym21 ? IMG_4121.PNG

Then if you click the key icon, it expands into this:

Porsche Taycan YM20 taycan , why isn’t remote unlocking available in the app as on the Ym21 ? IMG_4122.PNG

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
We don't even have the buttons on the app to lock / unlock the car... can you please take a screenshot on your phone of the app with the buttons? Thanks.
I have MY20 and no software update yet. I also see the unlock icon (see image) but it doesn’t work for me. And on an very inconsistent basis I get some window icon that shows up but I have no idea what it’s for.

Porsche Taycan YM20 taycan , why isn’t remote unlocking available in the app as on the Ym21 ? 80BDEF16-0561-4842-BA60-3D8561E241BA

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have MY20 and no software update yet. I also see the unlock icon (see image) but it doesn’t work for me. And on an very inconsistent basis I get some window icon that shows up but I have no idea what it’s for.

80BDEF16-0561-4842-BA60-3D8561E241BA.png
I initially thought that lock icon was a button too, but I believe it is simply a status icon. In this case, it means that your car is currently unlocked.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The app for MY20 (at least for my car) doesn't have the lock/unlock/horn symbols under Climate at the top like the app for MY21. The icons under the car image are only status indicators and nothing happens when you press them...

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I initially thought that lock icon was a button too, but I believe it is simply a status icon. In this case, it means that your car is currently unlocked.
Ahhh - totally makes sense. I will admit, I spend more time driving the car than working on the app/techno stuff. Thanks and weird that the apps don’t sync between MYs. I am scheduled to have the update done on Monday so will ask my dealer about the app feature discrepancies.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The app for MY20 (at least for my car) doesn't have the lock/unlock/horn symbols under Climate at the top like the app for MY21. The icons under the car image are only status indicators and nothing happens when you press them...
I didn’t understand this either. I definitely do not have a button in my app for door locking.
Sponsored