you tube of my counter measures installation

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Love the AL priority jammers. Had them on my M3 (self install) and saved me 4 times so they paid for themselves (4 sensors). Looks like these guys are using 4 up front and 3-4 in the rear. That’s a heavy duty setup.
I think the hardware alone in this setup is $4k so add another 2k install and it sounds right. Automods is a great Installer. Their videos are awesome
The install was probably between $7K-$11K, including the custom fabricated brackets but not the ALP and Radenso hardware, which was ~$4K (you can price it out on ALP website). So total out the door I'd guess $11K-$15K + tax. I'm basing this (educated) guess on pricing few years ago when I was looking to install radar/laser countermeasures in my current car. Chances are that prices might have gone higher since. I ended up doing a self install of a front/back radar and laser system called Stinger VIP (which also jams DragonEye) and has more discreet fiber heads (easier to hide), so all it costed me was ~$6K in hardware an probably 100hrs worth of work (I could have done it again on same car in 40hrs or less if I had to do it again, first time always takes the longest figuring things out, trying different laser placements, etc). When my Taycan finally arrives I will be installing either the ALP or Stinger into it (might depend on availability, Stinger is much easier to conceal outside of the car). Self install does save a lot of money, but you need to be comfortable doing things like taking off bumpers off your car for example, fabricate your own parts, running wires, etc.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@kort What is that controller they integrated for you? I don't see ALP selling such a controller, is this some older controller from standalone Net Radar or something else?

OP
OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I reached out to a local dealer who will be installing this for me when the car comes in. System plus install for $4600. Appreciate the link on that!
that is a low ball price, exactly what sort of installation are you getting for that price. I would expect the installer is able to hide all the components.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I reached out to a local dealer who will be installing this for me when the car comes in. System plus install for $4600. Appreciate the link on that!
VERY hard to believe price. Just the Radenso radar + 8 head ALP adds up to $4849.52, possibly more if you need additional accessories. I would clarify what exactly are you getting for this, including what type of installation.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
VERY hard to believe price. Just the Radenso radar + 8 head ALP adds up to $4849.52, possibly more if you need additional accessories. I would clarify what exactly are you getting for this, including what type of installation.
"The typical setup we do is the rc-m w/ front, rear radar and 3 head ALP in the front for laser defense. this configuration in a standard installation runs $4600.00 plus tax"

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"The typical setup we do is the rc-m w/ front, rear radar and 3 head ALP in the front for laser defense. this configuration in a standard installation runs $4600.00 plus tax"
Who is "we" in this case? Do you have any pictures of what the $4,600 install looks like? Things like sensor mounting, display mounting - similar to the video at the beginning of this thread.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Wow - that's a gorgeous install and impressive system!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
why? in the states that I frequent there are no laws regarding usage of what I have.
My understanding is that "laser jamming" is illegal per the FCC.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/are-police-radar-jammers-laser-jammers-illegal/

That is why many "jammers" are sold as parking sensors or diffusers/shifters. They are then confusing or interfering with the signal. The key is to make sure you let the LEO get a reading after you have slowed down. So most of the devices have a shut off so you can get the alert, slow down, turn it off, and let him get a read.

That company has done a few installs on Taycan's. I think a member here posted it.

https://automodsfl.com/portfolio-it...ncealed-radar-laser-system/?portfolioCats=390

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My understanding is that "laser jamming" is illegal per the FCC.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/are-police-radar-jammers-laser-jammers-illegal/

That is why many "jammers" are sold as parking sensors or diffusers/shifters. They are then confusing or interfering with the signal. The key is to make sure you let the LEO get a reading after you have slowed down. So most of the devices have a shut off so you can get the alert, slow down, turn it off, and let him get a read.

That company has done a few installs on Taycan's. I think a member here posted it.

https://automodsfl.com/portfolio-it...ncealed-radar-laser-system/?portfolioCats=390

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Not sure if your post was to show the states where it is legal or not, but the FCC is federal which would be different than state law. I guess then it would be depend who pulled you over and since the feds normally do not run radar, not an issue in the states where legal?
Sponsored