Sushivore

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My contrarian side is coming out! Here are a couple that I am getting enjoyment and utility out of:
(1) Head-Up Display. I never thought I would I would use this but, this is my primary display element. Nav instructions, Speed, Speed Limit, Power Meter and Driver Assistance info is displayed and that covers nearly everything I need to know. In previous vehicles, the HUD was disorienting to use, but in the Taycan I love it.
(2) Night Vison Assist. OK, not really, but with my center tube available since everything is on the HUD, it is pretty cool to see thermal images. I probably get more comments about this from passengers than any other option. Night Vision Assist is not really providing an additional safety element for me, but I did get one warning while approaching a pedestrian in a crosswalk that was directly in front of me...I was turning just prior to the crosswalk so there was no danger but I was close enough to trigger a warning...kinda cool. Also fun to drive down my street at night and have the system highlight pedestrians before I notice them. The system is remarkably adept at highlighting minor temperature differences, I can tell if the car in front of me has been driving for a while or just started up and whether my cat has been sleeping or out prowling around based on the image. This is very important information!
Sponsored

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
1. Mission E's- define the car, and really do indeed look special and set the car apart from anything on the road.
2. Air suspension- can't compare it to the springs, but the ride quality is exceptional, and the ability to raise the front end, and raise and lower the height of the car is really very practial.
3. Electric sport sound- I most always have it on and its great fun. I for one like it. I like being able to turn it off, and I wish it was sticky too.

If I had it to do again- I would've splurged and done PTS. If anything were to happen to the car, I wll do PTS in a heartbeat I think.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Why would you want just Taycan and not include the Turbo? Most people want to highlight that part. The ones who ironically want to remove the badging are the ones who get the Taycan.
I’ve ordered a Turbo and have it fully de-badged, looks way cleaner to me and I like the stealth aspect. If I want to drive fast I can surprise, if I don’t then no willy waving sign :p .

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I think for some people, myself included, the naming of an EV as "Turbo" still doesn't sit right. I fully understand that these names now just refer to a trim level as an effort to keep Porsche's long history of model nomenclature, but I still don't like it. If I were ordering a Turbo or Turbo S, I'd de-badge it too. Plus some people just like keeping things off the radar. I'm even considering de-badging my GTS too when it arrives, or at least removing the GTS leaving taycan or maybe the other way around and remove Taycan and leave it as just GTS.
I like the clean look of no badging but fail to see the issue with using “Turbo” . Work in IT and nearly all higher performance processors and GPUs use the word “turbo” to denote a boost mode to this day. Certainly its been used in the IT industry since the 80s at least even before CPUs started using the term. I’d expect far more pieces of silicon have shipped using the name “turbo” than have cars with a turbo by now so you could say its fully co-opted into an electrical meaning.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Electric badge on the side of the car. They should have made it standard!! But it’s a free option. The font looks great and people always comment that they are surprised it’s electric.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
ceramic brakes. virtually no brake dust. nothing looks worse then seeing a fresh washed car, but brake dust still on the wheels . if you get mission e style or spoke wheels do yourself a favor and get ceramic brakes.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Main ones for me:
1) Ice Grey Metallic
2)21' Exclusive Design Wheels

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
I like to disconnect from the world so my favorite option is the sound insulated glass (in combo with ambient lighting) which allows me to glide along in a quiet, womb-like environment. Worst option: storage package. I still haven’t figured out what I am supposed to suspend from the little plastic hook in the trunk …maybe wet socks, a sack of garlic, voodoo dolls?
i have this insulated glass and i still hear alot of freeway noice. do you have 21 in wheels?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Love the:
- rear axel steering
- smart lift
- massage seats
- adaptive cruise control

Will spec the next time:
- sound reduction glass
- electric charge port covers

Should have been standard on all Taycans:
- folding mirrors

Would be interested to try:
- active lane keep

By the way, 7 days after the WNA5 update and I haven't lost CarPlay once. I still don't know if it was the WNA5 update or the fact that the car was 'rebooted'.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
i have this insulated glass and i still hear alot of freeway noice. do you have 21 in wheels?
Nope. Currently on 20 inch winter rubber, Pirelli Scorpions on Aero Sport wheels and they are very quiet. Will be switching over to summer rubber, Cinturatos, in a couple weeks. Hopefully they wont be noisy!

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I will have had my Turbo 2 years in June. almost 10,000 miles. Love the car! I have not had any issues. Dolomite silver, red leather, performance and premium packages +. My first EV and 4th Porsche.
I love the acceleration and the smoothness of the electric motors.
As far as options:
sport sound
sport Chrono and the individual setting
Mission E wheels.

And everything else!
Sponsored