jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Nobody mentioned the Ioniq 5 or the EV6. I think those are great alternatives.

Currently we have a '21 X (pre yoke) for long road trips. CT4S arriving next week. A Model 3 long range which will go to my daughter next year. About to sell my '16 X which is surprisingly doing very well on resale value.

I think the Korean brands are worth a look, the styling might be a little too much for some. But the tech and value is pretty good.

-ThinkMac-
I'd also vote for Ioniq5 or EV6: The only cars that charge even faster than a Taycan !
Just like the Taycan, they have a 800V battery system. Makes it more future proof in my opinion.
Sponsored

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Whilst I am attracted to the Ford and Hyundai there is one other reason that really swung the Audi for us, and that’s VAGs approach to driving experience.

I didn’t like the one pedal driving in the Tesla and so I bought the Taycan on the very day I tested both.

The Audis drive like Porsche. It feels like a normal car. If you want the car to brake heavily whenever you loose the throttle you can buy any other EV (the review of the Hyundai I saw said the one pedal driving experience was like the Tesla) but if you want a car that drives more like a Porsche get one of the other brands from that same stable.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Good choice! Saw an EV6 at Silverstone last year in that colour combo and its futuristic design made all the cars around it look very boring

We replaced our Mini JCW with an iD3 Pro S last year as the car we really wanted, a Cupra Born, was (and still isn't) available to order. The iD is a bit meh but does the job as a general hack. Efficiency is on a par with the Taycan which is surprising as I thought it would be better. The car to beat though is our E-Up! And nearly as much fun to drive as the Taycan!

So we're on the waiting list for the top spec Cupra as and when it becomes available to order, and also similarly for an Ora Cat GT

Deleted member 6348

As for other EVs, we’ve got a Mini Cooper SE. It’s just so much fun to drive. My wife loves the car. The car is laugh riot and a true go kart.

I’ve driven the 3, S, and X hundreds of miles — I’ll be respectful as a car person, but I personally don’t like them. My Tesla experiences didn’t swing me to EVs. I know that the owner community is incredibly passionate, but please do not proselytize the brand or cars to me.

We actually bought the Mini Cooper SE after putting 430 miles on a Taycan loaner. I put in a deposit on the Mini the following weekend. Yes, we effectively the Mini bought it to dip our toes into the EV pond.

A few weeks ago, I could have driven my 911 (992C4S) or the Mini on a Sunday outing. Remarkably, that day, I chose the Mini over the 911. It really made me think and I spent Sunday doing the math. I traded in the 911 and snagged a Taycan 4S build. It will be here within the month and I can’t wait.

We’re now all in on EVs. Four out of five of our cars will be EVs by year end. We’ve got a F-150 Lightning on order and seriously considered a Mach E. When the dust settles, our little Alfa Romeo 4C Spider will be our last ICE car. We plan to keep the little Alfa forever as it continues to appreciate.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My wife is car hunting for something we can take ownership of before the year-end, with significantly more storage space. If the Macan EV were available I'd likely order it, but that seems unlikely to be in anyone's hands anytime soon. The quicker we find something, the sooner the Taycan is only driven by me, so this is top priority.
If you/she can wait the electric Macan will be worth it.

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
To conclude this thread, whilst I put a deposit down for the Kia EV6, we got a Ford Mustang Mach-E. My problem with Kia is probably what those waiting on their order are likely feeling with Porsche right now. We were just never given any updates on when it was likely we would get it. All the dealer can do is check whether there's a VIN and if so we'll receive it within approx 2 months.

I decided to check around on AutoTrader for any brand new electric cars and surprisingly the Mercedes EQE had a lot available. The reviews all stated how ugly it is and boy were they right. It's a hard car to love. The range is great, but that's not something that really plays into our priorities. Rear seat space and boot space wasn't that great and the lack of a frunk was disappointing too. It didn't feel really that luxurious, which is what I'd have expected at this price range.

Overall, by the time we added the packages to get it comparable to the Kia it was £90k for the Merc vs £56k for the Kia. All to buy a car I didn't want, cos it looked like a stamped-on blobfish.

So back onto AutoTrader. We were lucky that a dealer was selling a brand new Mustang Mach-E, with no markup. I decided against the GT version because this is the family mobile and my wife wasn't keen on racing seats (we have the Comfort Seats in the Turbo S) so we settled on the AWD Extended Range.

I would have preferred something in grey or light blue, but they had one available in red due to a customer changing their mind. A quick test drive and we decided to buy it and collected it last week. Range is showing around 330 miles whilst the Turbo S is showing around 280. I've barely driven 20 miles in it so can't give a particularly in-depth review and I have to frequently remind myself that it cost almost 3x less than the Turbo S, so when I slam my foot on the floor and it doesn't launch my kidneys into my feet, that isn't really a fair criticism.

I'll add more thoughts as I spend more time with it, but looks wise I think it's a winner and so far the UI and functionality seem good. It offers 1 pedal driving, but that was immediately turned off. It even allows you to connect to your home WiFi to get OTA updates. I'll just wait to see how that plays out and if it stops the need to visit dealers, cos my Taycan has been receiving the uPdate for the last 4 days in Porsche Cambridge.
Porsche Taycan Your other electric vehicle IMG_4548

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Not a car but if some of you are into motorbike i highly suggest you to test drive an Energica Ribelle RS it's just mindblowing (and i'm a Ducati guy)

BluBaby

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My wife has an Audi Q4-etron Prestige on order. Of course we have no idea when it will arrive.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My wife has an Audi Q4-etron Prestige on order. Of course we have no idea when it will arrive.
Reminds me of eastern block in Europe where I grew up. You sign up for a car, it arrives at some point in the future, could be months, could be years later, sometimes a different car because they discontinued the old one while you were waiting.

SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
My Taycan GTS is my 4th EV. I’ve had a BMW i3, Model Y, and now a Model X Plaid, which I took delivery on a few months before receiving my Taycan.

The Taycan is my favorite but the new Model X is pretty amazing. Over 1000hp is just ridiculous. It’ll smoke my Taycan any day even without launch control. I wish the MX had the VLC feature on the roof. The elongated windshield is annoying when the sun is overhead. It’s a very comfortable drive and the Yoke really isn’t that bad. Tesla haters are just that, haters. They’re still light years ahead in many areas.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Nice!! We have a similar setup but opposite. My husband drives the machE GT and I have the taycan cross turismo. I think she will really enjoy the mache. There’s nothing better than having phone as key with the mache. Congrats on the new car!

To conclude this thread, whilst I put a deposit down for the Kia EV6, we got a Ford Mustang Mach-E. My problem with Kia is probably what those waiting on their order are likely feeling with Porsche right now. We were just never given any updates on when it was likely we would get it. All the dealer can do is check whether there's a VIN and if so we'll receive it within approx 2 months.

I decided to check around on AutoTrader for any brand new electric cars and surprisingly the Mercedes EQE had a lot available. The reviews all stated how ugly it is and boy were they right. It's a hard car to love. The range is great, but that's not something that really plays into our priorities. Rear seat space and boot space wasn't that great and the lack of a frunk was disappointing too. It didn't feel really that luxurious, which is what I'd have expected at this price range.

Overall, by the time we added the packages to get it comparable to the Kia it was £90k for the Merc vs £56k for the Kia. All to buy a car I didn't want, cos it looked like a stamped-on blobfish.

So back onto AutoTrader. We were lucky that a dealer was selling a brand new Mustang Mach-E, with no markup. I decided against the GT version because this is the family mobile and my wife wasn't keen on racing seats (we have the Comfort Seats in the Turbo S) so we settled on the AWD Extended Range.

I would have preferred something in grey or light blue, but they had one available in red due to a customer changing their mind. A quick test drive and we decided to buy it and collected it last week. Range is showing around 330 miles whilst the Turbo S is showing around 280. I've barely driven 20 miles in it so can't give a particularly in-depth review and I have to frequently remind myself that it cost almost 3x less than the Turbo S, so when I slam my foot on the floor and it doesn't launch my kidneys into my feet, that isn't really a fair criticism.

I'll add more thoughts as I spend more time with it, but looks wise I think it's a winner and so far the UI and functionality seem good. It offers 1 pedal driving, but that was immediately turned off. It even allows you to connect to your home WiFi to get OTA updates. I'll just wait to see how that plays out and if it stops the need to visit dealers, cos my Taycan has been receiving the uPdate for the last 4 days in Porsche Cambridge.
IMG_4548.jpeg

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had a Q4 e-tron 40 but recently got rid of it since never used it after taking delivery of the Taycan;)

Besides the somewhat buggy MMI, the occasional squeaking sound from the breaks and the slower-than-expected charging speeds at ultra rapid stations (peak around 95 kW), it is a very comfortable and smooth ride and with decent range.

I would say it is better suited for city driving and shorter road trips though. At least the S line seats are not super comfortable for longer journeys.
Sponsored