Your thoughts on the RWD Taycan coming 2021?

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
What do you guys think? I was planning to replace my Macan S (2019) for the Taycan 4S but now I am holding back to see what Porsche's got up its sleeves with the RWD Taycan. I was actually planning to drift for an hour non-stop so they caught me today. :CWL:

Rear-wheel drive, lighter, less power and weaker acceleration. Assuming the same price ratio as in China, the entry level is just under € 82,000. That is a word, isn't it?

What do you think about the lower acceleration, possible standard specs, release date?

Not too much to find here on this forums. I wonder, is it on sale in China already? If so, how come there are no reports? :)
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
RWD was the model I originally wanted but it isn't for sale yet in the US. My worry with the de-contented model was what would be lost compared to current AWD models. I was also concerned the US EV federal tax credit might be cancelled although that is no longer a worry.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What do you guys think? I was planning to replace my Macan S (2019) for the Taycan 4S but now I am holding back to see what Porsche's got up its sleeves with the RWD Taycan. I was actually planning to drift for an hour non-stop so they caught me today. :CWL:
I was ready to sell my 4S for the RWD until I saw that it only did 42km of drifting. Since my commute is 44km, I was hoping it would do at least that. I may wait until next year.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think people interested in the RWD are going to have to see what options are standard on that model in their region. I expect that it will have a number of things missing, as that's how Porsche does things. The RWD pricing is all marketing anyway.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Honestly, if thats what you would prefer to spend just go for it. You will still enjoy the car and nothing will change that.
Ive opted for RWD cars before, I’m getting a Hurucan Evo RWD purely because brand new it’s the same price as a used 4wd from 2016.
The decision honestly came down to the fact that that’s what I’d prefer to spend to get the car.

delsol805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Really need the RWD Taycan, 4S cost usd270,000 in Hong Kong thanks to the crazy car tax. Hopefully can get the RWD under usd 220,000 in Hong Kong.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Really need the RWD Taycan, 4S cost usd270,000 in Hong Kong thanks to the crazy car tax. Hopefully can get the RWD under usd 220,000 in Hong Kong.
I think it's coming to this territory first. So that's good news for you!

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
What do you think, how much do you feel the "lack of acceleration" compared to the 4S AWD? I struggle to imagine it. The numbers are similar to my '19 Macan S but I guess that RWD AND EV must feel different. :)

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
I expect it to feel very similar, concerning acceleration. I guess the RWD will be the "gamechanger".

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Similar to my Macan S with similar 0-100 spec or similar to the 4S? :)

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Similar to my Macan S with similar 0-100 spec or similar to the 4S? :)
Similar to Taycan S, sorry.
IMHO ist the change from combustion engine (coming from 4 AMGs V8 in a row) to EV dramatic.
My Taycan had a "pit stop" @ porsche and i changed to a Cayenne S QP rental car. Puuuu- was glad to pick up may taycan again later that day.

Just my 0,02 €.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Thanks for the insight. Makes me feel positive about waiting. Very excited to see how much Porsche strips down the standard configuration.

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Thanks for the insight. Makes me feel positive about waiting. Very excited to see how much Porsche strips down the standard configuration.
Yes, if they kick out the air suspension...

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Yes, if they kick out the air suspension...
How necessary is it? With my PASM on the Macan (no air suspension) I barely notice any difference between the settings - with my 21" wheels though.

I guess the lift feature is what might be the most useful about the air suspension. I cannot remember whether I used it on my test drive. :oops:
Sponsored