'Your Vehicle has been Produced' - how long to be notified?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
For those folks who have had a Taycan produced......

On My Porsche (not TYD) - How long after your vehicle was actually produced did it take for you to receive your 'Vehicle has been Produced' notification'?

One member experienced a 2 week delay between the car actually being produced and receiving a My Porsche 'produced' notification. Is this delay typical?

Many Thanks
Sponsored

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Took close to two weeks for me too. (From TYD saying produced vs the main landing page agreeing)

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Took close to two weeks for me too. (From TYD saying produced vs the main landing page agreeing)
Thanks M, Just to clarify please, did you receive the first notification of 'produced' on the day of production?

Or was your first notification of production that you received one saying that the car had been produced on X date (being around 2 weeks ago).

cheers

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks M, Just to clarify please, did you receive the first notification of 'produced' on the day of production?

Or was your first notification of production that you received one saying that the car had been produced on X date (being around 2 weeks ago).

cheers
The latter. I got a notification from the app that my vehicle had been produced between 1-2 weeks after TYD had said It had passed CP 8.0. There was no notification when it actually entered production.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
The latter. I got a notification from the app that my vehicle had been produced between 1-2 weeks after TYD had said It had passed CP 8.0. There was no notification when it actually entered production.
Thanks M - appreciated.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Opposite for me. My car entered production 9/15 and I got the "produced email" on 9/26... but TYD says it will be CP8 on 10/7.

So not sure what to believe, but I do know my car exists in some form - see my PFP.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
After months of waiting I just got an email from the dealer giving an approximate date for them to receive it as some time in November.

So in summary
16/4/22 scheduled for production
31/7/22 manufacturing process complete
17/8/22 final steps before delivery.

Expected at dealer ?/ 11/22

Ordered 19/7/21 so actually arriving about 1 year later than was estimated by the dealer on the day I discussed the order.

(All dates international format)

7 months from scheduled for production to dealer.

Absolutely crap.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
After months of waiting I just got an email from the dealer giving an approximate date for them to receive it as some time in November.

So in summary
16/4/22 scheduled for production
31/7/22 manufacturing process complete
17/8/22 final steps before delivery.

Expected at dealer ?/ 11/22

Ordered 19/7/21 so actually arriving about 1 year later than was estimated by the dealer on the day I discussed the order.

(All dates international format)

7 months from scheduled for production to dealer.

Absolutely crap.
Nothing as bad your good self, but I've just had another 5 weeks of delay to my build completion date.

If it runs to this timeline (who really knows at the moment , Porsche obviously don't) then it will be 13 months for me from order to delivery. I'm being optimistic (still). At least it will have a 12V battery and a half decent sound system fitted.
Sponsored