Featured 2020 Porsche Taycan: Official Specs, Info, Wallpapers, Videos

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Tye, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Rotordude

Rotordude Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    ?
    Aviation Finance
    Disagree. The 911 series is marketed as a daily driver. Haven’t you heard salesman say it’s built to drive all day at 240 on the autobahn. They’re actually correct! My 2018 C4S is a daily driver. I’ve had several Porsche’s...911s, caymans, Panamera.....all daily drives. That’s what great engineering does. That’s what sets Porsche’s apart from pasta rocket Ferrari’s. This is prolly the dilemna here...is Porsche saying the taycan is a daily or a low usage, monster track car? 4 seats and air suspension screams,daily, to me. But....what do I know! To each their own.

MissionC likes this.
  2. Friedrich

Friedrich Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Friedrich
    Vehicles:
    Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
    Commercial Real Estate Landlord
    The Macan, Cayenne and possibly the Panamera are marketed as daily drivers....but definitely NOT the 911

Enough of the anecdotes, some research is in order......I come from a family of scientists, including an uncle that was a statistics professor :giggle::

The average Porsche 911 owner drives 4360 miles per year...
    https://www.autoblog.com/photos/cars-that-owners-drive-the-least/#slide-1280622

soly20 likes this.
  3. Eisbärenhöhle

Eisbärenhöhle Active Member

Vehicles:
    i8 RRS
    Something for meditation :

Rotordude likes this.
  4. Paulo

Paulo Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Paulo
    Vehicles:
    1898 Porsche P1
  5. CandianPorsche83

CandianPorsche83 New Member

Vehicles:
    Porsche 911
    Has any heard or have glean any info as it pertains to Lidar, etc. I thought at some point there was discussions that the Taycan would be getting some Level 2 type features, etc. I mean I get that Porsche owners want to drive their cars and aren't necessarily looking for self driving aides but I would have thought a car like the Taycan would at least be able to park itself ala a Tesla or even other luxury type cars.

Thanks!