Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
Taycan, Car Cover, Set of the Livrestream on the 4th. Got it now?
Sponsored

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
The door picture showed that car was a sapphire blue Taycan covered in a protective black film with the film slightly off by the rear door window....no padding.

The Jonny Smith video very clearly described in DETAIL what camouflage was on the vehicle.....the headlights, the fake turn signals on the bumper, the gills on the side vents and the rear spoiler/taillights. It is very wishful thinking that anything else will be different, especially if you are expecting something to be bigger (such as more shape to the rear quarter panel and front fenders). Sorry, the Taycan went on a a diet...lol

This photo with Jonny Smith is the shape of the body of the Taycan.....its a good looking sports sedan. You have to compare it to the BMW 6 series, Audi A7, Mercedes CLS Coupe, etc

2020-porsche-taycan-at-lahr-airport.jpg
The door picture shows a giant black layer between the purple-colored part of the door, and I'm just very curious as to why it's there. And the existence of the film itself means that there's probably crucial details underneath it hidden, meaning several details will probably be much sharper than on the mules.

And yeah, even with the mules as they are, it looks very good indeed. And 6-series is gone, a more relevant size comparison is the 5-series (and 8 series GC is too long to compare to) - believe it or not, these 2 are pretty similar in size (by which I mean length alone) - but their profiles are so different, The 5 series looks like a slab sided saloon, but the Taycan looks like a sports coupe in profile. And it's so significantly wider and lower than a 5 series. It's very satisfying indeed to compare the profiles (and aesthetics) of the two cars. Not to mention that the Taycan mule's hips are wider than an Audi TT's.

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos D1BB69D3-7AFD-4B58-B65D-E84E30C360FB

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The door picture shows a giant black layer between the purple-colored part of the door, and I'm just very curious as to why it's there. And the existence of the film itself means that there's probably crucial details underneath it hidden, meaning several details will probably be much sharper than on the mules.
D1BB69D3-7AFD-4B58-B65D-E84E30C360FB.png
As much as I’d love it to be the case, I think that’s just a large gasket to help with contact against the exposed part of the rear wheel well, which looks like it has a pretty large surface area compared to a regular sedan. It be awesome if that door has a more pronounced contour that’s hidden to it to make the rear fender appear even bigger. The problem is that might not be aerodynamically awesome, given the range they’re going for.

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
As much as I’d love it to be the case, I think that’s just a large gasket to help with contact against the exposed part of the rear wheel well, which looks like it has a pretty large surface area compared to a regular sedan. It be awesome if that door has a more pronounced contour that’s hidden to it to make the rear fender appear even bigger. The problem is that might not be aerodynamically awesome, given the range they’re going for.
I was thinking the same thing. Given how quiet EVs tend to be, I wonder if the gasket is larger just to reduce the road noise inside the cabin? I agree that this most likely isn't due to additional camouflage on the door, but I could be wrong.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Forget my Audi TT comparison width wise

This is a picture of the Taycan mule's rear hips/fenders compared to Audi R8. And I swear the Taycan looks wider at the rear

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos taycanvsr8

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Difficult to understand this one ....... or am I blind.........
it’s not that I do not get what it represents but the image is actually showing what part of the Taycan under wraps......? That’s is my question. :)

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
it’s not that I do not get what it represents but the image is actually showing what part of the Taycan under wraps......? That’s is my question. :)
I wonder if that is even the Taycan in Paulo's image. Reminder of PAG_J1's image below. The two do not look the same. In Paulo's image, the hood is not recessed as in this image or even close to the prototypes.

Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos y5Y8KGU

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos CE596BEB-23D7-4ED3-981C-02F2DE902343
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos 7679B752-3ADA-4C8A-96D2-8500F8F194AE
Porsche Taycan 2020 Porsche Taycan spy pics & videos E0E46FD6-B388-4966-98E0-68D3AE063772

Photo taken by Jesper Pettersen outside Oslo. Notice the ledbar and Norwegian temporary plates. This car is Norwegian registered opposed to previous spotted Taycans in Norway.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I wonder if that is even the Taycan in Paulo's image. Reminder of PAG_J1's image below. The two do not look the same. In Paulo's image, the hood is not recessed as in this image or even close to the prototypes.

y5Y8KGU.png
The mules still have a lot of padding on, I'm pretty sure that is the Taycan under the cover

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The mules still have a lot of padding on, I'm pretty sure that is the Taycan under the cover
I don't think my point is coming across. The current mules have a recess and you can clearly see the wheel arches rise above the recess in the hood. In Paulo's pic, it's quite the opposite in that the center of the hood rises slightly above the wheel arches (there is no obvious wheel arch):)

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
The photo i posted is from the rear not the front!

Last edited:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I don't think my point is coming across. The current mules have a recess and you can clearly see the wheel arches rise above the recess in the hood. In Paulo's pic, it's quite the opposite in that the center of the hood rises slightly above the wheel arches (there is no obvious wheel arch):)
My bad, I thought you meant PAG's original image - the one which he said that that was the Taycan behind it.

I'm really confused about Paulo's image. It doesn't have the profile of either the car you see under the covers or of the mules, from either the front, side, rear or even a 3/4 angle. I really can't see how that's the Taycan (under Paolo's image). From what I can see of the outline, I can't really see it

The Taycan is the one under yours/PAG's image

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My bad, I thought you meant PAG's original image - the one which he said that that was the Taycan behind it.

I'm really confused about Paulo's image. It doesn't have the profile of either the car you see under the covers or of the mules, from either the front, side, rear or even a 3/4 angle. I really can't see how that's the Taycan (under Paolo's image). From what I can see of the outline, I can't really see it

The Taycan is the one under yours/PAG's image
No problem. The photo is a bit hard to make out. As you can tell, I must be slightly pumped up about the reveal with analyzing all of these recent photos:) Anyhow we’ll see it in Sept. 4th.

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
I really don't think so as I saw it in black even on a really high specced Taycan Turbo S. Maybe in a Carbon Option with the Carbon Exterieur package, but we'll see...
Ooooooh a carbon exterior package. That would be nice!
Sponsored