Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Taycan Topics' started by Tye, Jul 6, 2018.
Why hasn't something like this happened in the US or Europe?
Lol, of course.
Very cool video. Here are some tidbits I pulled out.
- seating position: very much like a true Porsche sports car, very low seating position, yet lots of legroom in the back
- normal mode has excellent dampening for more comfort
- when the fake exhaust tips are gone, the spoiler and diffuser will be more prominent to give it a look of a performance car
- he pointed to a LIDAR and said they expect they're aiming for L3 autonomy but won't know until the reveal. (Supposedly this is being worked on in conjunction with VW group)
- retractable door handles like the 992
- he said the feeling of launch is truly a great jolt that pushes you back in your seat, but very quiet
- 3 road shows for Taycan before official debut, one in China (represented with a dragon top), one in US (stars & stripes flag top) and one in UK (union jack top). He said the reason they couldn't do the Chinese flag ... apparently they weren't allowed.
I'll be in Shanghai in a few weeks, hopefully I'll be able to pay the Experience center a visit and take a look at the Taycan.
i’ll be going in a few weeks as well. where is the experience center in SH....?
I haven't been but according to Google it's in Jiading, 20 min walk from Shanghai Circuit Metro Station. (Metro Line 11)
I guess these are the Mission E-inspired wheels for the production model
These are just painted with white outlines but this shape was seen before.
Looks good though.
It's a bit unlikely imo that Porsche will have more similar wheels with that black-and-white look. There's a good chance that these are the Mission E-inspired rims Porsche talked about.
Yes I agree, these wheels will be standard on all 3 trims so it will be a defining feature and when the red tape comes off the the rear light area then the average person will be able to tell the difference between the Taycan and the Panamera
These are 5-spoke, the Mission E has a 6-spoke.
So, other than the colors, it's not quite the inspiration you're referring to.
Ok, maybe the shape of the spokes but I'd rather have the 21" 6-spoke.
How do you know these are standard on all 3 trims?
Ugh...those wheels are seriously the worst part of the concept. They look like something from Forgiato...gross..
And a video!
Mission E Style Wheel, 21" on the rear and new new wheel style (3rd photo)