Anyone place deposit on Taycan waitlist? What # are you on the list?

Discussion in 'Taycan Ordering and Pricing' started by Series7, Oct 3, 2018.

1. SHY

SHY Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Svein Harald
    Vehicles:
    Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
    IT Systems Engineer
    LOL! +1! :D

2. in2cruzn

in2cruzn New Member

First Name:
    Glenn
    Vehicles:
    2010C4S,84Carrera,79 300SD,67 Chevelle,65 Corvette
    Put down 1K in NJ dealer.No info on trim options or colors yet.Heard NY dealers only taking 2.5K deposits.

3. Blackbird76

Blackbird76 New Member

Vehicles:
    Mazda CX-5
    Contacted my local Porsche dealer (Porsche Bellevue) last month to put a deposit down, they told me that I was added to their list but they were not taking a deposit at this time. Not sure if that is because they already filled all of their 2020 allocations or if they were doing things a bit differently. I'm thinking i'll be getting a 2021 allocation as I'm late to the game and the demand for electric cars in the Seattle area is high

4. randkin

randkin Active Member

First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicles:
    930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
    Investments
    Hate to be a kill joy especially on a Taycan site but for a FIRST Porsche there are a plethora of other models I would try first! I have owned many Porsches and liked them all for different reasons. I would expect the Taycan to be the least “Porsche” like vehicle and I am including both Cayennes and Panameras in that group.
    For a first Porsche experience I would suggest trying a 911 or Boxster/Cayman which are sports cars. I am going to guess the Taycan will handle similarly to my Panamera Turbo S only more power as I plan on going for the top trim model.

5. TIM

TIM Member

First Name:
    Philippe
    Vehicles:
    Yes!
    I have placed a 2'500 CHF deposit and according my local dealer there is no "ranking" in the reservation list. I clear that up at the Geneva motor show next week;)

6. Jonte119

Jonte119 New Member

First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Cayenne 2016
    Dear Porsche enthusiasts.
    I am writing my thesis at the University of Mannheim, about the electric automobile industry, with focus on the Taycan as a pioneer for Porsche. The goal is to identify changes in consumer behaviour and consumer needs, and how Porsche can adapt their strategies to meet the needs of their customers. In my paper I want to compare the Norwegian and the German car-market, and because of that it is essential for me to get people living in Germany to respond to this survey. Getting sufficient replies on the following survey is crucial in order for me to be able to provide good strategic solutions for Porsche.
    I would really appreciate if you could use 4 minutes to finish this survey. (All answers are anonymous)

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

https://surveyhero.com/c/cb512b14?f...5-WtuLnF6yu8p9ATwJDG1ICaaX0tTTGx6W0Z5sNrXdJiw

7. kayleia

kayleia New Member

Vehicles:
    Tesla Model 3, Lexus 400RH
    Just put down a deposit yesterday. I'm #60 on my dealer's list, but the dealer also said they usually get a 30% fallout rate from preorders.

But with this car, it might be higher since we don't know how it will look, how it will drive, what the final specs are, what price it will be ...

That said, I can't wait for September, to be able to see it and get the actual specs / price!

8. DrParis

DrParis Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
    I like the car, have a deposit down, #27, but I’m not sure. Porsche has changed the price point twice. It was originally to be midway between Cayenne and Panamera. Now they say it will mirror Panamera. My best guess: Midrange is S will start @90 k. “ Turbo” @125 k plus the inevitable add one of 20-30 k on average from my personal experience.

kayleia likes this.
  9. AlphaG

AlphaG New Member

Vehicles:
    Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
    In line around #50 at Porsche of San Antonio as of last July 2018. They say they are not taking deposits but are making a list. Also registered with Porsche depositor program online listing them as my dealer. Unfortunately I guess that means I don’t get the swag you guys are getting and numbered certificates and all.

Hopefully will be able to get a Taycan by the end of 2020. That would be perfect timing for me (more time to $ave), but earlier or later is okay as well.

10. domin1720

domin1720 Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicles:
    2017 macan gts
    I sit #1 at my dealer, I was the entire taycan list for almost a year since I signed up so long ago ( signed up while I was waiting for my Macan in 2016). Now obviously lots of customers are signed up according to dealer.
    So, now like everyone else I wait to see how close to concept it is.

11. rjultak

rjultak New Member

First Name:
    rick
    Vehicles:
    tesla mercedes bentley
    I put a deposit down in April 2018 Champion Porsche Ft Lauderdale...... #48 on list

12. TaycanKeith

TaycanKeith Member

First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicles:
    Range Rover Supercharged
    I joined the wait list in Norway.
    Should be able to deliver in January for a top spec car. Base model wait list is over 1 year

13. MitchSF

MitchSF New Member

First Name:
    Mitch
    Vehicles:
    2016 Infiniti Q60S, 2006 BMW Z4, 2018 Honda CRV
    #73 MitchSF, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    I left $1K at Porsche West Palm Beach, in December. I'm 150 on the list, so not sure what I'll do when the current lease is up, in January. We had a generally positive experience with a 2014 Tesla Model S, and I'm looking forward to another electric.

14. ColRocket

ColRocket New Member

First Name:
    Johnny
    Vehicles:
    Volvo S90 PHEV
    New to the forum and enjoying the discussions.

Really appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts on our deposits. I put my deposit down a month or so ago. Was told I was #12 on my local dealer's list (I'm in the USA), but have no idea what that really means. Will PCNA decide priority order for ordering? The dealer doesn't know (or won't say) when the ordering process will open up, although they think it will could be early next year.before we can order. Expect maybe a summer 2020 delivery if that holds true. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and more importantly to seeing the final specs on the car. Range is important to many folks and we now see news that T is extending the range of their future vehicles. Does Porsche have a secret up its sleeve and will they surprise us with a range of more than 300 or so miles? I hope so.

15. randkin

randkin Active Member

First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicles:
    930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
    Investments
    I think everyone is looking forward to getting details on all the trim levels. It seems most comments here are largely speculation or rumors with very little real facts. However we have been promised a range of 310 miles by Porsche literature.But not sure if the base vehicle or a higher trim level will have that range.