Anyone place deposit on Taycan waitlist? What # are you on the list?

Discussion in 'Taycan Ordering and Pricing' started by Series7, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Friedrich

Friedrich Active Member

First Name:
    Friedrich
    Vehicles:
    Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
    Commercial Real Estate Landlord
    I put down $2500 on January 5th of this year, and received a certificate in the first week of April. The salesman said i was 85th on the list! Perimeter Porsche in Atlanta.....Assuming each dealer only gets a small allotment, guess I will get a car in a few years.....LOL. They claimed to be one of the highest volume dealers in the USA, and were also COMPLETELY out of stock on 2019 Boxster and Macans! Literally witnessed two people wanting to buy Macans but couldn't, and I could not test drive one!

2. Vim Schrotnock

Vim Schrotnock Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vim
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Panamera GTS
    I would find another dealer. I'm driving a Macan loaner. Very nice car.

3. randkin

randkin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicles:
    930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
    Investments
    I have to agree with Vim, find another dealer. I deal with a high volume dealership in LA/So Cal area and they have plenty of cars. That said they are all black, white, grey or silver they order very few other colors. They have several Macan loaners which I often get when I am having one of my Pcars serviced. I think the salesman is giving you a snow job or they don’t have large allotments.

But give a Cayenne a test drive. My wife has a Cayenne GTS, our second Cayenne. I have driven many Cayennes and Macans and we both prefer the Cayenne to the Macan. The Macan doesn't have enough room to really haul anything like luggage and equipment for a ski trip with 4 people which the Cayenne can handle.

4. Taycan_Rolf

Taycan_Rolf Member

First Name:
    Rolf
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Panamera 4
    I'm on the list since 31st July 2018! But the timing has nothing todo if you get your Taycan early or not.... Every Porsche Dealers get an amount of Taycan's which then elected to their customers. So the amount of the Taycan's per dealer depends on the revenue of the dealer at all at Porsche. Small dealer, small amount, big dealers big amount.
    In other words, if you a good Porsche customer you will get it earlier (selected by your Porsche Dealer), if you - let's saying - buying the first time a Porsche you will get it late (maybe 2020).

5. rich

rich New Member

First Name:
    rich
    Vehicles:
    2012 panamara s hybrid and tesla x
    im number 11 out of 150 in dallas. I got on the list 2-3 years ago when they announced. I went to Porsche in Zuffenhausen on May 31 and found this in the corner of the Porsche museum.

20190531_120701.jpg

Tye likes this.
  6. AlphaG

AlphaG Member

Vehicles:
    Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
    I just today received a Certificate of Participation etc in the mail today with my name on it. I was number 50 something of people interested at my local San Antonio dealer (who does not take deposits). I was wondering if I would get one of these since the dealer does not take deposits rather puts you on a “list”. I did register with Porsche though so that’s how they have my info (first Porsche). No other goodies yet.

Does the certificate mean anything? The number in the corner is 1336 but not sure that has any meaning....

Tye likes this.
  7. soly20

soly20 Member

Vehicles:
    991 TT, Range Rover Sport, BMW 525
    I am going to place a deposit on Thursday for "Turbo". A bit late to the party. There are 20 on the list for a 4S, 8 on the list for a Turbo (now 9 including me) and 9 on the list for a Turbo S. I hope I can get one in 2020. I read somewhere that there are around 30K deposits and production will be 40K for 2020. Fingers crossed.

Tye likes this.