Close Enough ? Yes or No

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I agree with Gregg T. Porsche marketing keeps showing the "E" aggressive body. Maybe it will look more like the "E" with the wide front and rear fenders over the wheels.The Porsche design team did a great job with the "E" and it shows with over 20,000 deposits, including mine. My local Porsche dealer said that they like to hide things until the end. I sure hope so! I am looking forward to seeing and driving it.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
One thing I really don't quite understand is why Porsche shows the Taycan with only such minor camo...
Maybe it's wishfull thinking but c'mon, we already know how it'll look like due to some Photoshop and some imagination...
If it'll look like the mules, the "world premiere" at the FAA 2019 isn't quite a surprise, right?
Hmmm....:idea:

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I will probably do the same.....simply because the wife needs a different 'dog-hauler' while we have some restoration work done on her E55 AMG.
I still hold the grudge with Porsche. The 'E' had so much promise and appeal. The fellas in the Design Dept did an incredible job.

As I've said before.....more than just the body compromises, it's disgusting what Blume & Pcar Marketing has done in the last 2 years (right up until last week) promoting that beautiful 'E' body. The professionally produced books that arrived last Friday are filled with images of the 'E' body.....and even an expanded view of the make-believe Taycan assembly line showing 16 or 18 'E' bodies rolling along.
Whatever.....there's a lot more important things in life than driving and cars...right?
Considering Porsche just has its offices raided last week by the German authorities for lying to them... what is lying to it’s customers? Lol

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I'm really hoping they do better than that on performance and price.

If they really wanted to compete, they should break it down like this, knowing most people would gladly pay $10K (or more like $15-20K after options are factored in) for Porsche quality:

Model S Standard Range (4.0 seconds) $75K --> Base Taycan (4.0 Seconds) $85K
Model S Long Range (3.7 seconds) $94K > Taycan S (3.7 Seconds) $104K.
Model S Performance (3.0 seconds) $104K --> Taycan Turbo (3.0 Seconds) $114K
Model S Performance w/ Ludicris Mode (2.4 seconds) $124K --> Taycan Turbo S (2.4 seconds) $134K.​

Knowing Porsche, here's what they'll probably release, which would make me pass and just get a Model S after they refresh in September:

Model S Standard Range (4.0 seconds) $75K --> Base Taycan (5.0 Seconds) $95K
Model S Long Range (3.7 seconds) $94K > Taycan S (4.2 Seconds) $110K.
Model S Performance (3.0 seconds) $104K --> Taycan Turbo (3.7 Seconds) $125K
Model S Performance w/ Ludicris Mode (2.4 seconds) $124K --> Taycan Turbo S (3.0 seconds) $145K.​

I agree that they love to make the base model slower than it really should be to ratchet up their S sales for better profit margin.
Sorry but I think a car is more than just 0-60 numbers...

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Just saw spy film of the 992 Turbo S........ it has an even wider body than the “regular” wide body of the S/4S 992..... interesting.... could they be doing the same to the Turbo S Taycan...... in that case I will wait!!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just saw spy film of the 992 Turbo S........ it has an even wider body than the “regular” wide body of the S/4S 992..... interesting.... could they be doing the same to the Turbo S Taycan...... in that case I will wait!!
Hmm, good point but I doubt it.
With the Panamera is doesn't look different as far as I can see...(Turbo vs Turbo S E-Hybrid).

Now that we're talking about different models, I saw the price of the PCCB for the new Cayenne Coupé was €3K less than the Panamera which is €9,5K.
So €6,5K... big difference, right?
Anyone noticed?
Why is that?

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
guess you mean 95K, 65K and 30K........

but did not see..... agree kind of strange, if that’s the case......

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
and since they are saying that the Taycan is really closer to the 911 in idea but with 4 seats then maybe they will go even wider unlike the Panamera..... i guess just my unrealistic hope..... :)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
guess you mean 95K, 65K and 30K........

but did not see..... agree kind of strange, if that’s the case......
No, I mean the PCCB option (Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes).
Panamera: €9,5K (same for 911).
Cayenne Coupé: €6,5K...

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh read too quickly! sorry about that. :)

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
With all due respect, that last bit is a pretty elitist statement. I’m a proud Carrera 4 owner as it perfectly fits my year round driving needs and dollar for dollar is an awesome car. I don’t drive on a track, but it’s a fantastic daily driver and I don’t give a crap if someone thinks it’s “lesser” because it’s a “base model.” It’s a Porsche and certainly drives like one. I hope a base Taycan brings many happy miles to whom ever picks one up. I plan on getting the 4S not because I want the badge, but the longer range and AWD for my New England winters.
I agree completely re:elitist attitude. I’ve worked very hard and have owned many Porsches including two Caymans which were both incredible sports cars even though they were entry level. That guy needs to get over himself

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
Looks like an electric Panamera. Really too bad if it looks like the above. A lot of people put deposits down because of the look of the "E" The marketing material being sent by Porsche last week still pushes the look of the "E"
Sponsored