First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hi guys, couple of questions:

1) Did somebody had a chance probably at dealer or somewhere else to see and touch in person this new Race-Tex material? How it does look like/feel? Is it more like cloth or vinyl? I'm not kind of fan of vegan things to something like that and always had leather seats, but I really like Graphite Blue color (at least as per configurator) and don't see leather color scheme that I would like to have
2) Is Innodrive really useful(may be somebody had it on another Porsche) or ACC would be completely sufficient?
3) Just to confirm that I understood correctly from other threads, there will be no soft close doors and head-up display?
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
i can answer 1 in my opinion........

I really wanted the race tex material and when i saw it live at the Frankfurt show i was not impressed..... it is more like a netting fabric and if you have any kind of crumbs or anything spilt in the car it will get stuck in this “net” type fabric....... so i have reverted to a leather combo and am very happy with that.

OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i can answer 1 in my opinion........

I really wanted the race tex material and when i saw it live at the Frankfurt show i was not impressed..... it is more like a netting fabric and if you have any kind of crumbs or anything spilt in the car it will get stuck in this “net” type fabric....... so i have reverted to a leather combo and am very happy with that.
Thanks, that’s important. I have kids and it is guaranteed crumbs :)

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Racetex material sounds really cool, but sadly didn't get the chance to see it

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Racetex on the steering wheel didn't feel at all good when I tried that Frankfurt. Really strange feel. I would need someone to pay me to get that wheel option. Leather wheel *definitely*.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Racetex on the steering wheel didn't feel at all good when I tried that Frankfurt. Really strange feel. I would need someone to pay me to get that wheel option. Leather wheel *definitely*.
Must say I love race-Tex or Alcantara as another name for the steering wheel. It’s always nice and warm but never hot or sticky........

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Must say I love race-Tex or Alcantara as another name for the steering wheel. It’s always nice and warm but never hot or sticky........
Yes it's probably very subjective. To me it felt like there is no grip compared to leather, as in it's slippery and forces the driver to keep a tighter grip on the wheel. I sometimes like to drive with one hand and just a few fingers and the idea of questionable grip is not something I welcome. I understand that racetex only when you're driving on track, gripping the wheel hard with both hands. For casual driving it seems to me like a horrible option.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes it's probably very subjective. To me it felt like there is no grip compared to leather. I sometimes like to drive with one hand and just a few fingers and the idea of questionable grip is not something I welcome. I understand that racetex only when you're driving on track, gripping the wheel hard. For casual driving it seems to me like a horrible option.
As you say it’s all a question of personal preferences.

OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any comments about INNODRIVE usefulness? Do you guys order that?

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any comments about INNODRIVE usefulness? Do you guys order that?
I'm in the camp that thinks Porsche's are meant for driving. So a definite no for Innodrive.

I added the 360 camera for easier/faster parking and to avoid scratching the rims in certain situations, and the Range Manager to help optimize roadtrips & charging speed (it pre-heats the battery optimally before arriving to charge, when using this, for optimal charge speed).
Sponsored