First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello there,

good question. My dealer told me that the Innodrive system is almost like an autopilot now ("Only every 20 seconds you have to touch the steering wheel"). I really don't know if that is true, but it sounded good enough to put it onto my order.

He also told me that his first batch of colleagues just came back from 2-3 days of driving the T around Mallorca and that they were all converts to electric now, even the old man who runs the Porschezentrum here. Also they were surprised that they had no failures. Apparently they had feared that the newly released car could have some glitches - which it did not have yet.

Cheers
Sponsored

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
By the way, I am really curious what will happen if the T arrives at the dealers and really turns out to be as good as hoped for.
  • Will all the petrol cars on the dealer's parking lot all look outdated?
  • Or will there be a more even distribution of opinions, where some people just like the electric, some the pure petrol cars, some in between?
Thanks for your opinions.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By the way, I am really curious what will happen if the T arrives at the dealers and really turns out to be as good as hoped for.
  • Or will there be a more even distribution of opinions, where some people just like the electric, some the pure petrol cars, some in between?
pretty sure the latter with a range of opinions. This car is a heavier sedan, so even if it had the same performance but was ICE it wouldn’t be the right fit for a lot of Porsche customers (either at the cayman or SUV ends). Plus there will be a lot of wait and see folks who are EV curious but not ready. And then the gt3 folks who will hate it and the battery tech for their needs just doesn’t exist, and won’t for 5-10 years.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
In this case, the former.

Some car companies make very aesthetically polarizing designs. This isn't one of those - this is just plain beautiful in a way I haven't seen since the 1993-1997 Porsche 911.

In terms of handling, the weight of that battery pack might divide opinions, not gonna lie. Handling isn't traditionally something that automakers try to increase to attempt to show progress, but personally feel it's very important, and I believe a key component of this should be weight reduction. I know Porsche will try to remedy this the best they can, but people will always compare the Taycan's handling - not to other electric cars like the Tesla Model S etc. but to the 911 - and, I know the Taycan's just started what'll hopefully be a 10 year production cycle, but as it is, I don't think the current Taycan handles as well as the current 911 (mostly because of battery pack). I hope that narrative changes towards the end of the Taycan's lifecycle.

But of course, the Taycan's acceleration will always be its USP, something it does better than any Porsche in production.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It'll hurt Panamera sales in areas where people buy EVs. (Not that Porsche sells many Panameras) It's too big to have any effect on 911 sales. Cayenne and Macan buyers aren't looking for a sedan.

The EV Macan will matter a whole lot more for Porsche's future. The Taycan/e-tron GT is a bit bigger than I'd like, and if Audi had an EV RS5 Sportback, I'd choose that every time over something bigger, no matter what the 0-60 times are.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It'll hurt Panamera sales in areas where people buy EVs. (Not that Porsche sells many Panameras) It's too big to have any effect on 911 sales. Cayenne and Macan buyers aren't looking for a sedan.

The EV Macan will matter a whole lot more for Porsche's future. The Taycan/e-tron GT is a bit bigger than I'd like, and if Audi had an EV RS5 Sportback, I'd choose that every time over something bigger, no matter what the 0-60 times are.
agreed. It’ll torch panamera, but Porsche clearly knows and is okay with that. I think it’s also a bit of a test run for the EV Macan which is definitely a lot more important business wise.
Sponsored